What would make a great small companion to my two Doberman Pinschers? I have a boy and a girl DP and....?

What would make a great small companion to my two Doberman Pinschers? I have a boy and a girl DP and....? My girlfriend/fiance wants a smaller dog of her own... Any dog but a miniature pinscher please.... I was thinking an American Eskimo Dog or a Jack Russell Terrier since I have experience with those two dogs... show more What would make a great small companion to my two Doberman Pinschers? I have a boy and a girl DP and....?
My girlfriend/fiance wants a smaller dog of her own... Any dog but a miniature pinscher please.... I was thinking an American Eskimo Dog or a Jack Russell Terrier since I have experience with those two dogs from when I was younger. Im buying a pretty big home in Lancaster California pretty soon after I am done with the Sheriff's Academy and I'll have enough room to house all dogs well so any suggestions?
Update: Julie I dont really prefer whippets... They seem to fragile
Update 2: edit: Julie you have to remember I am very active even before I started my process of joining the police department so when I finish my process my workouts will double.. I need a smaller dog with lots and lots a stamina that isnt fragile to running in beach sand, mountain sides, and sidewalks
Update 3: Emmie... I have no intention to breed however if I do so I have knowledge and the moeny to take care of every single one of the liter without having to look for a home. I failed to mention because I didnt see it necessary that I also own my own restaurant/Nightclub and I am almost done with my process of becoming a... show more Emmie... I have no intention to breed however if I do so I have knowledge and the moeny to take care of every single one of the liter without having to look for a home. I failed to mention because I didnt see it necessary that I also own my own restaurant/Nightclub and I am almost done with my process of becoming a Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputy. I have more than enough money and knowledge of dogs to take care of my animals. I have a kennel license and I also have enough friends willing to be lifetime owners of these dogs liter. However I am not a breeder nor do I plan to be.