Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

How do you feel if Obamas nationalized health plan digging into your 401k, stocks, and social security?

• janey
    Best Answer

Obama and his "plans for change" is a crock. Redistributing the wealth so the people who work for a living have to support those who don't care to work. And I'm not talking about those who seriously cannot work. I predict government will confiscate the 401's, and stocks, before too long to pay for his unreasonable promises he made during his campaign.

If health insurance were made more affordable, similar to how we do auto insurance, then most everyone could afford health care insurance. Allow people to purchase insurance from states other than where they reside, or even other countries. Buy only the insurance you think you need. Let the insurance companies compete for our business.

Nationalized Health could be a good thing but never take away from those of us who have 40 1k, stocks or social security. There has to be a better way to do this because making the drug companies and doctors rich beyond reason is not my idea of "a good thing". Also selling automobile insurance should not be making folks able to own and maintain million dollar homes. Makes me wonder where our policy money is going. And I am talking about a country town of less than 13 thousand people. Then when we need a repair we are run through the wringer trying to get them to pay. We the people are being raped by the rich and powerful every day as we lose our homes, savings and somehow we need to stand up and get things changed. But, how?

I think he better find a better way to fund it rather than raiding my retirement accounts. The stock market decline did enough damage. The government does a very poor job of running anything. They are never efficient, effective or make a profit. Just take a look at all the waste and poor outcomes the different agencies have now. Is that really who you want to depend on for health care? If they want to run it, make sure that all government employees must be on the same plan and not have a separate one for themselves. That includes the president, his family and all of Congress. If its good enough for us then its good enough for them. Other countries do have nationalized health care but they also pay more in taxes and many have less innovation and research to come up with new procedures. Some rationing is already being done with private health care but may increase under a government plan. Why not just expand Medicaid to cover those who are too poor to afford coverage and have no access to coverage. They are the only ones who need this. The rest of us are doing just fine.

How will you feel if McCain-Palin had run this country instead.

If McCain-Palin had won, there would be second war with Iran and deportation of immigrants which is very bad during this economy. There is low birthrate in America therefore there are less children and growing aging population without immigrants, the tax would be even higher. The life span is increasing. This means more seniors than young people therefore they would have to pay for senior's burden. More cuts would placed on the top 1%. America would sell its infrastructure to other countries in order to pay off its debt.

Plus the economy is going through a cycle. First there are boom times and down times.

Correction: He did not nationalized our health plan but he will do something similar to FDR's housing policy. He said that he will reward on hospitals that is doing well and providing the excellent care in an affordable price.

Its not his fault but Bush and the corporations' fault for selling us out. Bush's lack of tariffs that allow the trade deficit to become higher. in 1970s, there was tariffs that discourage the product of Japanese cars but now there isnt tariffs on manufactured goods from China therefore allowing Wal-Mart to exist. Most of the Wal-Mart's employees rely on government assistance.

Well i hope the senate is smart enough not to pass the bill because it will destroy more of our already weakend economy. To make it worse hes pushing the horrible cap and trade(global warming bill) through at the same time so our taxes will go through the roof. Plus with more people drawing unenployment and more taxes for free healthcare and then more taxes to stop the hoax that is global warming we wont make any money. All i can say atleast we will know who to blame it on.

Source(s): stuff

How do I feel? There isn't room for me to vent on how I really feel on this site.

All I will say is that Obama would have done his "cause" for a nationalized health plan a lot more good if he just would have told the people that he was implementing SOYLENT GREEN & from now on, anyone who won't submit to medical care will be used for a food source.

That's how I feel when I hear about all this ridiculous spending. It's killing America by destroying the peace of mind of the American People. Obama is a cream tart that's been in the sun too long. He's rotten to the core in my book. We're doomed.

• -

Nothing surprises me these days. Our social security funds got raped during the Vietnam War. We will be picked clean before it is over. Nothing to live on and that will serve the population-reduction world government.

Hello , So you are against free medical for all, funny that because your 401k, stocks, will be safer from your own medical bills.

I hope that the citizens wake up before Obama and the unions own everything. I think that there will be civil unrest before too much longer. Impeachment anyone?

He may find an dry pond!!!!