Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

should i be concerned? details inside?

i received a call from a former friend, we talked and had a good conversation, i agreed to go to her house the next day, when i go to her house, the floor was a mess, the kitchen had dishes pilled up with roaches in the sink, the house smelled of smoke(which i didnt know if it was Just cigarettes or drugs), her stepfather was drunk(like 4 bottles by the cough and they have a 2 year old. who was outside by himself) what should i do

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Wowzers thats crazy. and also Child Endangerment. You can report and file agenst these people, which you SHOULD do.

Here is a PDF link explaning what child endangerment is.

http://www.iowadec.net/uploads/726%20Child%20Endan...

Best Wishes, Hope This Helped!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Blue
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The only thing you can do is report her to CPS. The two-year-old needs to be protected.

As for the other problems, you could tell her it's disgusting in a diplomatic way, but there's not much else you can do. Sounds like she is living with her family. Even though she should keep the house clean, there may be reasons why she isn't. CPS will deal with it.

• 1 decade ago

Call Children's Services immediately!!!! If there is a small child outside unattended, he/she could easily be killed in traffic or picked up by a stranger. That is VERY unsafe!!! Not to mention the very unhealthy living conditions. Someone needs to intervene.

• Natx3
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Try talking to her about it, & see whats going on. Ask if she needs any help & what you can do to help her.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

talk to her about it and explain your concern, then report it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.