Does anybody else here feel awkward going to the hair salon to get your hair done?

I was just wondering, if anybody else feels this way. Maybe it's just because I'm kind of shy and not really social. But i always feel weird when i go to the salon to get my highlights, because it's like this awkward silence the whole time between me and the lady doing my hair. Like when I'm... show more I was just wondering, if anybody else feels this way. Maybe it's just because I'm kind of shy and not really social.

But i always feel weird when i go to the salon to get my highlights, because it's like this awkward silence the whole time between me and the lady doing my hair.

Like when I'm there, and the lady is doing my hair i feel weird if we aren't talking at all, but then at the same time i don't really know what to talk to her about you know? lol

What do you do when your at the salon? Do you have conversations with the person doing your hair? Or do you just sit there and not talk?
Update: Blue: I kind of feel the same way. I mean the woman who does my hair is only probably 10 years older than me, but i feel like we have nothing in common. I'm 18 and still in school and everything and she's like a completely different person. So what's there to talk about? And because I'm not very... show more Blue: I kind of feel the same way. I mean the woman who does my hair is only probably 10 years older than me, but i feel like we have nothing in common. I'm 18 and still in school and everything and she's like a completely different person. So what's there to talk about? And because I'm not very social I'm very bad at small talk and don't even really like small talk in the first place. It's just if i don't talk i feel like I'm being rude or something.
Update 2: Yeah same here, when my mom gets her hair done she doesn't stop talking the whole time!