Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Does "Ibharim and his Family" means most of the Prophets?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AuEa3...

See how sunnis say that "Ibharim and his family means most of the Prophets.

In the above link read the edit by anotherside. this is what he said

"@leon----

don't you even know Ibrahim and his family means most of the prophets"

Islam has 124000 prophets. First Prophet Adam(as) and Last Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

If I am not mistaking Quran mentioned only 25 Prophets.

so the question is does "Ibharim and his family" means most of the Prophets?

Update:

I forgot to mention

Inspired by Anotherside

Update 2:

@Diamant- lol How did I dodge his question? I answered it and I have my receipt with me

He said most not all

he didn't say if he meanted 124000 or those in the quran

Well he didn't mention that he was talking about the prophets that are mentioned in the Quran

"don't you even know Ibrahim and his family means most of the prophets"

Well most prophets, means that majority of the Prophets

Out of 124000 how many Prophets are the family of Ibharim?

Update 3:

@Diamant- first of all, I don't go compare Imams and Prophet. It is not a Part of Shia Islam to compare Imams and Prophet.

Plus lets use the same concept. according to you guys Abu Bakar was better than Umar and Umar was better than Usman and Usman was better than Ali.

Rasool(saw) compared Ali(as) with Haroon(as), and you believe that Abu Bakar, Umar and Usman were better than Ali(as) and rasool compared Ali(as) to Haroon(as). so can we say that you believe that Abu Bakar, Umar and Usman better than Haroon(as)?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i am sunni Muslim and I seriously doubt that all 124000 Prophets Allah sent to people every where on this planet were from the family of Prophet Ibraheem AS.

If Allah picked Prophets in India or China for example, they were born in the local samilies and spoke local language to be able to preach to local people.

I am sure there were thousands of Prophets sent to people before Ibrahim AS was born. How could they be the descendents of Ibrahim AS.

I think only Prophet that God sent to Jews and in surrounding areas of Middle East could have been from the descendents of Prophet Ibrahaim. There is no way that all 124,000 Prophet Allah sent were from the descents of Ibrahim AS.

American Indians, China, Russia, Greeks etc. etc.they all had wise men, philosophers and great scholars of their times long beofre Ibrahim AS was born and even after he was dead also.

It is quite possible that the Holy men in Indian tribes of America had Holy & wise men, in the Jungles of Bazil were also such people, they had inspirations from Allah for their guidance. May be Allah called them Prophets and one of the 124,000

Long time ago when people didn't have even basic knowledge of any kind except hunting, they didn't need the kind of Knowledge that Allah gave to Prophet Ibrahim, Moses, Jesus and Mohammad (peace be upon all). Whom ever Allah inspired what is right and what is wrong to tell people and guide them in daily life may have been Prophets of their time.

Shia are saying Adam AS said to Allah, in the name of Mohammad, Ali, Hassan and Hussain seems to a total Bull. I seriously doubt that Allah had given names of all Prophets to Adam who were to come thousands of years later. If Allah did give him all names how it is possible that HE missed name of Ibrahim AS and gave names of Hassan and Hussain who were nothing compared to Prophets of God.

Imam Malik is one of the four great Imams that Sunnis believe has said written in his book, "Shia Alims are the worst liars" because of their such out of the blue highly exagerated statements in Shia Books about Hazrat Ali and his sons Hassana and Hussain.

Iam sure Ali AS and his sons never said about themselves what Shias write exagerated unbelieveable things about them. We Muslims still love and respect Ali AS and his family members as much as Shias do.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Salam Yes really" Ibrahim and his families" mean that all prophets and messengers of Allah after his era.That is why Ibrahim AS is called as the father of all prophets

He was said as the father most of all prophets if we started since Adam as the first prophet

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"It is not a Part of Shia Islam to compare Imams and Prophet"

right u skip that and directly say imams r higher,is that a part of islam?

ur analogy doesn't work cz no comparison has been made by sunni between caliph and a prophet,its just u that is conduct it that way

those 4 caliph were all great,and each one has his statue,and we don't manipulate any comparison to prov a wrong point

• 1 decade ago

oh poor leon,feeling sleepy cz obviously u r tired

1- he said most not all

2- he didn't say if he meanted 124000 or those in the quran

3- in prayer we say salat on prophet muhammad(pbuh) including prophet ibrahim(pbuh) so??

u dodge his Q,why ? don't u know the answer OR admitting ur belief will make u look as an idolater who put a an imam higher then prophet Muhammad(pbuh)?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

@ Asker! Where r u? my sisters diamant and labeneese gave u good answer.

the issue was nothing but to divert the attention, from the basic belief of

Islam.A NON PROPHET CAN NOT BE HIGHER THAN PROPHETS.

SO SHIAS CLAIM THEIR" IMAMS R HIGHER THAN PROPHETS"

DOES NOT MATCH WITH ISLAM

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

@ diamant:

LMAOFF

i cant stop laughing, i didnt know this q was a joke...i keep telling him to stop forcing his muscle on a ladie but i guess thats the only way he can show us that he is a wannabe man

may Allah increase ur knowledge and make u stronger against those haters.

@ german: hehe thats cute ....

@ asker:

Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) was the father of the Prophets; no Prophet was sent after him but he was from among his descendents. He had two sons whom Allaah chose to be Prophets. They were Ismaa’eel the grandfather of the Arabs, from among whose descendents Allaah sent the Prophet Muhammad SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and Ishaaq whom Allaah blessed with a Prophet called Ya’qoob, who was also known as Israa’eel, after whom Bani Israa’eel (the Children of Israel) and their Prophets were called.

The Qur’aan refers to the fact that Ibraaheem was the father of the Prophets, when it says concerning Ibraaheem (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We bestowed upon him Ishaaq (Isaac) and Ya‘qoob (Jacob), each of them We guided, and before him, We guided Nooh (Noah), and among his progeny Dawood (David), Sulaymaan (Solomon), Ayyoob (Job), Yoosuf (Joseph), Moosa (Moses), and Haaroon (Aaron). Thus do We reward Al-Muhsinoon (the good-doers).

And Zakariyya (Zachariya), and Yahya (John) and ‘Eesa (Jesus) and Ilyaas (Elias), each one of them was of the righteous.

And Isma‘eel (Ishmael) and Al-Yasaa‘ (Elisha), and Yoonus (Jonah) and Loot (Lot), and each one of them We preferred above the ‘Aalameen [mankind and jinn (of their times)]”[al-An’aam 6:84-86]

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

leon,u just repeated my words and urs, ur point is?

@----------: "the PMSing"? hun using those words isn't a very good idea ,see i could easily call u " shemale 9, co-ck9,shyti9 etc...

and don't start with ur "parents" again,if u didn't want them to be slandered then u should have never insulted other ladies

as for ur slogan

"i know how to treat woman, but i also know how to treat a bytch"

well that is just idiotic, i could replace women with man and bytch with an a55

seriously u act like a kid who's having a fit

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

amallay ppl like 99 have 0 personality,see he's picking on a girl,he's making fun of God creation....then if u say anything to him he'll weep and nagg

seriously 99 grow some balls & have some self respect then talk

• 1 decade ago

@Ruru dont worry about German Shepherd, shes just upset her dog can give birth, and she cant

@ the PMSing ladies under me: she slandered millions of Shias, she slandered my Imam which is offensive to millions of Shias, and she slandered my parents last night.........but all that gets overlooked?

please, i know how to treat woman, but i also know how to treat a bytch

• TamBam
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

@Im**

With all due respect,either answer the question or don't.

The brother is being formal and has not said anything agressive Alhamdulillah.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.