Danny
Danny asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

Self-fulfilling prophecy. The Market must, must drop again. Chart people.?

Aren’t the odds/ stats really very high that we need to Re-test our Low? Where do you think we need to land again to officially wave off the chart people?

2 year chart

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5EDJI#chart2:s...

today Dow

8,324.87

i see. Where or what do you start to compare this market to. Usually I have some vision but i got nothing and fear a downward trend. even if its a little further like 7500

Favorite Answer

Well the N Koreans nukes didn't scare the market, but wait until you see what these guys have got planned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3qu-sCei3U

Youtube thumbnail

It's hard to look at the fundamentals because 2008 might skew them to look worse than what they really are. I have fundamental software, but it trys to base itself on full years. If the data was based on 2007, the market might look heavily undervalued. So this brings a quarter by quarter and finally annual analysis of 2009 as a way of forecasting whether 2010 is a new bull market. If things improve, so eventually will dividend growth.

• gatzap

The market is never a "must" anything. I have said a drop to 7800 or 8000 on the S&P would be good overall but that does not mean it will get there. It's descent has been pretty grudgingly obtained despite the fundamentals being poor once you get past the glossy news reports. Unless it breaks below the 8800 area it won't even make it to the 8450 area. After that the 8000 level can be looked at.

You will never wave off the chart people no matter what.

Nothing is guaranteed except death and taxes.

(says the fundamentals investor...classical...bullish...contrarian)

My 1.5cents is that odds and charts do not go well together. Probability and stats are the play things of the fundies. You are suppose to "feel it."

Plus "everybody knows" you are suppose to use the 200 day average.

;-)

I don't like the DOW...I'm a SP500 man...but that aside...are you talking the March low? I would actually be shocked if that happened in the near future. My money is riding on a brief resumption of the bull and then a pull back to something below 800...then who the heck knows.

haha yes, you use the 200 MA and that would show that there should be a small rally in the coming week. but in a recession nothing is for sure. technical analysis is difficult with with all the new variable that has to be considered and fundamental is almost completely worthless for the short term. stocks are so sensitive to events that would be been shrugged off before. you could have very good reason for your perspective, and vice versa.

within every difficulty is an opportunity

Get SocialBlaster Software - Traffic from over 40+ Social networks! You will receive a huge amount of traffic for your site for very less!!

Visit for Trial : w w w.socialblaster.c o m