Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

How to change your look over the summer?

I want to come back to school with a great look.

What type of things should I do?

Should I start a new workout plan? If so then what?

What makeup is appropriate for entering the 9th grade?

What new clothes to get?

One thing I don't want to do is get a major haircut because I am trying to grow it out.

Please keep in mind that I have the whole summer to complete this.

I don't want to dye or change my hair anyway really.

Favorite Answer

I think you should start by sorting out your diet and exercise plan. Eat more healthy foods that are lower in fat, sugar and salt and are generally fresh (not processed). Get in at least 5 fruit/veggies an day, smoothies are great for this if you have trouble, just make sure you use skim milk and no sugar. For the exercising, try getting in 30-45min a day of moderate exercise, and I would recommend cardio exercises that make your heart beat faster such as running, powerwalking, cycling, swimming and the elliptical or rowing machine (if you have access to gym equipment). If you want to add more, try doing a yoga and pilates workout a couple of times a week, that include sit-ups, thigh work outs etc. This will make you feel healthier.

For make-up, I would go with simple mascara (don't overdo it), lip gloss and either eyeliner or eyeshadow. Eyeliner and eyeshadow is far too much make-up for school (especially the 9th grade) so stick with one or the other. When you do use eyeliner, stick with black and use on either the top lid or bottom, both looks too much. With eyeshadow, find a color that suits your skin tone, try not to use anything too bright (stick to soft colors, or tones that aren't bright). Your lip gloss should be a light color or clear.

For clothes, go with a little of everything. You need at least one pair of jeans, tees, tanks, dresses (especially one for formal wear, or just a black nice one), shorts, skirts, jacket, sweater, hoodie etc. With your new look, try new stores and styles. If you're handy on the sewing machine you could even try revamping your old clothes.

Accessories you may need (depending on where you live) are: sunglasses, scarf, gloves, belts, hats, handbag, headband, clips, leg warmers, headscarf etc.

Footwear you might want to look at are: boots, tennis shoes, flats, a pair of nice heels and slippers (if it gets cold where you live).

Jewelry you might want are necklaces, bracelets, earrings, anklets, rings, toe rings, watch, belly rings (if you have your belly pierced) and any other piercing jewelry.

If you want to revamp your room a bit too, that would be cool. You could rearrange the furniture a bit and get rid of some stuff you don't need/like anymore.

Have fun!

You should tone up, if that means losing weight. I would say wear what you usually wear for summer. Maybe go for brighter clothes, or pick out some items that you wouldn't normlly wear but feel confident in. I think you should just wear liquid eyeliner on top and mascara. And even though tanning is horrible, it would suit you a lot. If you want a big change, then yes, I would say go tanning. You can also use a gradual tanner. As for hair, leave it natural. Don't even blow dry it. Put some product in it. Your hair would look really great long, since it owuld make your face seem longer and just make you look prettier. So, in order to make it grow, you can't mess around with it. Only use heat on it when you're going out or something, and find some cute styles to do with it that you've never done before. You can also watch youtubem akeup tutorials and do some looks on your eyes with eyeshadows. Oh, and if you want a change for the summer, you might want to dye your hair, although I would not recommend it. Oh, and also a deep sideparted sidebangs would suit you.

Get some new clothes that are a bi different from what you normally wear

change your hair style

try to tan and work out so you can have a new glow

for makeup- wear some concealer and maybe a LITTLE foundation. put on a little eyeliner (not too heavy) some pretty eye shadow and of course, tons of mascara :) a little lip gloss would be good but i would go againsed lipstick.

good luck!

Source(s): Me! I'm entering the 9th grade too and I'm doing the exact same thigng :)
  • Posting a picture

Y dont u get a new hair color

Source(s): :)