Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

... asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

ranking american leaders??????????????/?

from 8 bbeing great to 1 being greatest:

fredrick douglass

malcolm x

susan b. anthony

colin powell

harriet tubman

martin luther king jr.

sarah palin

hillary rodham clinton

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I must agree with Spraz above ... most of these people weren't even leaders, let alone "great".

First of all Saran Palin has NO business being on this list with Dr King or anyone else for that matter.

She was an elected official and she couldn't even finish that.

I actually like Hillary, but she is just an elected official.

Fredrick Douglas, Harriet Tubman, Susan B Anthony were a great people, fighters for liberty and equality. but not necessarily leaders.

I'd say the only "leaders" on the list was General Powell, Dr King, and Malcolm X

General Powell was a fine military leader......focusing on the word "MILITARY".... period.

Malcolm X did a lot for the American Islamic movement, but as a leader for a great religious movement, I believe Dr King takes this one.

Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

Enough said.

So, your "leader" list would go....

1 Dr King

2 Colin Powell for only this reason, he went from military leader into a political / civilian position of leadership, & when his principals were compromised, he resigned.

3 Malcolm X for his time in leadership in the American Islamic movement

• 1 decade ago

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Colin Powell

Susan B. Anthony-Frederick Douglass

Martin Luther King Jr.

Harriett Tubman

Sarah Palin

Malcolm X

• 1 decade ago

Of the folks you listed:

1. MLK Jr.

2. Malcolm X

3. Susan B. Anthony

4. Harriet Tubman

5. Frederick Douglass

6. Colin Powell.

7. Hillary Rodham Clinton

8. Sarah Palin

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Are you being prejudiced against the army? they have great militia leaders besides yet we call them Admirals truly than Generals. i will anticipate it relatively is an oversight and not an intentional sight on your area...LOL widely used of the Armies of usa George Washington Admiral of the army George Dewey widely used of the Armies John J. Pershing widely used of the army George C. Marshall widely used of the army Douglas MacArthur Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz widely used of the army Dwight D. Eisenhower widely used of the Air stress Henry H. Arnold Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Admiral Charles Lockwood My very own favorites to elect for a undertaking could be the two Nimitz or Lockwood. Nimitz took over as CINCPAC (Commander-In-chief Pacific Fleet) from Admiral Kimmel after Pearl Harbor and lead the fleet to victory over the eastern. Lockwood replaced into appointed COMSUBPAC (Commander, Submarine Forces, Pacific. He replaced into instrumental in making the Silent provider what it replaced into against the eastern hazard.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

most of these people are not American leaders or great.

• 1 decade ago

For that list? Could we start off at #873?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.