Where is Barbara Walters?

I've turned The View on for a couple months and I haven't seen any sign of Walters except for the fact she is still on the opening sequence.So my question is why hasn't she been on The View lately?

She's been gone since at least May because she hasn't been on the show stright since then.

Actually I saw her on the show today so the break must be over.

Favorite Answer

She's still around. They were all on vacation last week and they showed reruns. Maybe Barbara took an extended vacation over the 4th. She goes to visit her daughter quite often in Maine.EDIT: They said on the show she went to Viet Nam.

She's never been on the show full time- she usually is on 2-3 days a week. When she started the show she never planned to be on everyday. Just recently she was on vacation in Vietnam.

Source(s): The View Barbara's autobigraphy "Audition"
  • ARBOB

Who cares? Really tho, she has been on the show several times. In fact, I don't like to watch it when she's there. Come to think of it, I don't even care to watch it when she's not there. Our TV schedule has very little else to offer in that time slot. So I'm stuck with it. I do just turn it off most of the time tho.

She could be on vacation or doing interviews. She is old so I expect some days she just doesn't want to do the show so they let her off.

• !!!

Hopefully she will never be on TV again.

probably interviewing ppls