w.d. asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Which division is the strongest in the AFC and NFC?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

For AFC i would definitley go with the AFC South: You have got the Colts who have made the playoffs past seven years in a row with at least 10 wins each year, Titans who have a killer defense and mean running game, Jaguars who are a little inconsisten but have great running game and good D, and the Texans who have only been around since 2001 but are getting much better every year and i think will beat out titans for the wildcard spot behind the division winner colts

For NFC i would say the NFC East: Eagles who are very well balanced on offense and extremely aggressive on defense, Giants who have the best D line in football with great RB corps (and beat patriots in superbowl hahahaha), Redskins are also balanced on offense and finished top ten in defense last season and albert haynseworth will only make them better, and the cowboys who aren't very dangerous in the playoffs but through Weeks 1-12 they are one of the best teams in football

Source(s): Watch alot of football
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For the AFC it is without a doubt the AFC South. The Houston Texans have been the weakest link in that division for years (granted Jacksonville was the worst team last year, before the season started they were slated to win it) and over the last 2 seasons were projected as dark horses for a wild-card spot. Any time the worst team in a division is picked as a potential playoff surprise, you know your looking at a strong division. At this point any team in the AFC South could come out on top of the division and no other division in the AFC can say that with as much confidence.

For the NFC, it is close between the East and the South, but I have to go with the East. I say the East because just like the AFC South, no one can say who is going to win the division with any amount of certainty. Any team in the East could come out smelling like roses where-as in the NFC South, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers can be pretty much written off. The other three teams though (CAR/ATL/NO), are very strong, and out of those three there is no clear winner.

• 1 decade ago

The NFC East will nudge out the NFC South...But the AFC...hmmm even though I'm a Steelers fan, we have some sorry a$$ teams in our division (The State of Ohio) holding us back so I would say the AFC East.

• 1 decade ago

The AFC North is the strongest. It has 2 good teams where most of the AFC only has 1.

The NFC East is the only one in the weak sister conference worth mentioning and that is because the teams in it play more AFC style.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

AFC North and NFC East. NFC East is the toughtest division in all of football, all 4 teams could make the playoffs and have the talent to compete with anyone.

• 1 decade ago

NFC East without question, year in and year out. It's basically comparable to the AL East in baseball, the wealthiest franchises always willing to spend to be the biggest and best.

In the AFC I would have said the AFC South for the last few seasons but now I'm not sure it's between the South and the East.

• 1 decade ago

afc could be debated but this is my thinking based on afc north and south.

1. steelers

2. titans

3. colts

4. ravens

5. jaguars

6. texans

7. browns

8. bengals

overall id say that the south is better

NFC is hands down the EAST

• 1 decade ago

Both the East.

AFC: New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, New York Jets

NFC: New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

• 1 decade ago

AFC South and NFC East still i think.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I can only say that the NFC East is going to WAR next season. Prepare to pick up separated body parts and head for cover.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.