How to Install a Dual boot with Windows Vista & XP , Vista pre[first]-installed......?

Windows Vista came pre-installed on a new computer and now need to create a dual boot with Windows XP without formatting windows vista partition.... Please help me..........

Favorite Answer

I have experienced a lot of problems when I first attempted to install XP on on my laptop which came with windows vista preloaded. I somehow managed to setup dual boot.

The problem then was to find the right drives for me dell XPS m1330 laptop. Dell would not support for XP.

So what did I do? I wrote two posts on my blog with step by step procedures to:

1. install XP on a vista laptop - http://bharathreddyt.wordpress.com/2009/01/27/inst...

2. XP drivers for Dell XPS m1330 - http://bharathreddyt.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/wind...

well simply delete the boot file then switch the primary drive then

install windows xp when done just add the windows vista to the boot file

for right click my computer properties advanced start up and recovery

boot your xp from a cd and don't format anything the after installing xp you'll notice that when you boot you don't get a choice betwenn xp and vista so in vista you have to right click my computer and then go to properties then to system properties hen to advanced tab then you will have to set up you your default OS and choose the time to display the OS in your system that is by default zero

Source(s): experince, done it myself
  • Boot from the XP CD and install the OS. Be sure the file system you select is NTFS for proper installation.

hey you cannot do that bacause a dual boot of hard disk with that combination is not allowed with windows.

that is you cannot install windows xp and windows vista together on a pc

boot off the cd normally, and install without deleting anything.

Try VMware or Virtual PC if you want to play both O.S simultaneoulsy.

try disabling the ahcpi in bios before booting...........