Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

What do you think of the name "Mangler?"?

It means 'sun child' in my native language. I think I want to name my son that when he's born, but want some opinions.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

In the English language synonyms for mangle are tear apart,cut, maim,wound, mutilate,injure,break,demolish. So the word Mangler would be a person who does those things. The thought of naming your child "sun child" from your native language is very thoughtful but it's meaning would be lost on most people.

Source(s): No sites an actual old fashion book. Webster's Thesaurus
  • 1 decade ago

I like the meaning, but think of what the other children will call your son.

Mangler the Strangler.

• lala
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I know it means something good in your native language, but if you live in an English speaking country it has such a negative meaning.

Mangle- to mutilate or disfigure by repeatedly and roughly cutting, tearing, hacking, or crushing; lacerate and bruise badly

I'm sorry, but personally I wouldn't name my child that.

• 1 decade ago

man-gle1  /ˈmæŋgəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mang-guhl]

Use mangler in a Sentence

–verb (used with object), -gled, -gling. 1. to injure severely, disfigure, or mutilate by cutting, slashing, or crushing: The coat sleeve was mangled in the gears of the machine.

2. to spoil; ruin; mar badly: to mangle a text by careless typesetting.

Related forms:

mangler, noun

Synonyms:

1. See maim. 2. deface; destroy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

.....eh, I like native names but you have to admit kids aren't understanding to "wierd" foriegn names that you have to explain what it means all the time. If you do name your son that try opting for that to be a middle name, or have a "normal" middle name for the son to fall back to.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Reminds me of some serial killer you'd hear on tv or on some horror movie.

• Selena
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Sounds like a description of a serial killer

• A.
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Totally sounds like a wrestler's name, sorry.

• 1 decade ago

honestly, it sounds kinda harsh, it reminds me of a serial killer or something, don't want to be mean, but naming your child is an important matter, so i want to be honest.

• 1 decade ago

Don't like it sorry, reminds me of a dog or wrestler's name.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.