Can I still get into a good college with these grades and activities?

I'm entering Senior Year in my high school. I have taken ACP classes the whole way. Thats the 2nd highest level in my school. I got a 3.4 gpa freshman year. Then, In sophomore year it dropped to a 3.1 gpa. Finally, In my junior year its now at a 3.0gpa. I have done intramural dodgeball. I've been in the computer club and multi-cultural club. The GPA would've been higher because every time i go into the final i have honor roll status. Then finals kill it, although i studied hard for it. Help Please.

Favorite Answer

Yes you can! But you need to show where your efforts were due to which your grades fell... were you working on a job, playing very hard and competitive sports or are now working on other subjects more than simple ones. You know there's always a reason for which there are the college application essays.

Explain yourself in them and recheck your essays and you'll get in some real good college :)

It doesn't hurt to apply for the good universities, but don't get your hopes up with the tough ones. What is your SAT score? If your SAT score is superb, then that will help your case. In your personal statement, make sure to incorporate something that can help explain why your GPA declined. Also, what do you consider a good school? Good luck!