KING OF KINGS. MICHAEL JACKSON VS. ELVIS PRESLEY?

Michael Jackson is The King Of Pop

Elvis Presley is The King Of Rock N' Roll

Who's The King Of Kings.??

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Both equally contributed to the evolution of music, but all in all, I would have to say Michael.

Not only did he sing, but he choreographed, wrote, produced, and directed. Far much more than Elvis did.

I respect both as artists but Jackson wins this round.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Everyone should know who the King of Kings is, But if we talk about who the King of Music is, then Elvis easily beats MJ. MJ will never beat Elvis' total record sales.

• 1 decade ago

Easily Michael Jackson. He has inspired more people than any other celebrity or person (if you don't count religion into this). Not just that, but he made great music, no one could deny that. No matter all the rumors and tabloids, his music broke barriers. His Album, Thriller, has sold more than any other Album in history. He just didn't make music just so he could have more money, he made well something magical. The music videos he made were more than just promotional crap with some lip-syncing, nice effects, and some back-up dancers, he made a whole story. A mini-movie. Can you name one memorable music video Elvis did? none really. MJ has dozens. His music is still relevant 30 years later, which is VERY impressive since most songs can't last a week until the next "hot" thing comes along. Well that's why I think that he is not only the king of pop, but the king of music.

• Lorraine4 years agoReport

πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lmao at the fool who said "people are only saying michael cause he just died) please.

answer the following questions and this dumb debate will be over.

who has the best album of all time? "michael jackson "THRILLER"

who has the second best album of all time? "michael jackson "BAD"

Question: whos tour grossed more last century?

Answer= "michael

Question: who donated the most to charity and got honored by THREE presidents?

answer= again michael.

Question: Who has artist imitating them to this day? michael! i dont see barely noone if any imitating elvis all he had was one move.

who elevated dancing and the way music videos were made to the next levels!? michael!

and for all u haters, even those false rumors about michael and him transformation pysicaly is also entertaiment and also adds to his longevity.

michael is also a acidental civil right leader. its cause him obama got a door opened for him.

the little white boys who grew up rocking to billie jean grew up to vote for obama!

maaan i can go on with this list.

MICHAEL>>>>>elvis.

Elvis is a legend too though. but nothing next to michael.

• ?4 years agoReport

πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Michael Jackson

• 1 decade ago

Everyone is saying MJ because he's on everyone's mind right now. If you'd asked that question last week there would have been no question - Elvis. If you ask it again in a year or two, again there will be no question - Elvis.

Elvis changed the entire musical landscape. He pretty much created rock and roll, and everyone who's come since owes him big, including ALL of Motown. Only the Beatles come close (and may surpass) what Elvis did.

MJ is one of the greatest entertainers the world has ever seen. He made music that people love. But change music? Hardly. Seriously, he hasn't even been relevant for the last 10 years.

One hundred years from now, people will definitely listen to the Beatles and Elvis, but MJ will fade. Current teenyboppers notwithstanding.

• Neither. They were both just men who people propped up because they acquired fame and fortune during their lifetime. Their glory will fade away and be forgotten. The king of kings has been, is, and always will be Jesus Christ. Period.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

They were both very Talented but Elvis owns I mean he inspired alot of iconic bands.

• 1 decade ago

Michael jackson!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.