Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaVictoria · 1 decade ago

Three days in Victoria, BC?

We will be spending 2 nights and 3 days in Victoria in early September. We enjoy nature, cultural things, museums and good dining. Any suggestions of things for us to do while we visit?

• Jeff H
    Best Answer

Well, there is a variety of activities available in Victoria and you should have no problem keeping busy for the time you are there. I travel there regularly and still find many things to keep me busy. Here is a partial list of some of the activities or attractions available in Victoria:

Within a very short walk of each other you will find:

Royal British Columbia Museum

National Geographic IMAX Theatre (same building as Roual BC Museum)

BC Legislature Buildings

Royal London Wax Museum

Maritime Museum

Beacon Hill Park

Ghostly Walks (a walking tour of downtown Victoria with tales to match, a favourite of mine)

A bit farther out but still within walking distance

Craigdarroch Castle

Government House - House is closed to the public but the grounds are open

And if you want a short drive

Butchart Gardens

Mt Douglas Park

Remember that these are only some and, Butchart Gardens for example, will take a number of hours to see properly.

I would suggest the Royal BC Museum for sure and, if the weather is good, a visit to Butchart Gardens. In the evening take a Ghostly Walk along any of the routes that they may offer. A walk through Beacon Hill Park is a nice way to spend a part of the day as well or perhaps a stroll through the gorounds at Government House, you may meet the LIeutenant Governor. Enjoy your trip to Victoria and perhaps take time for high tea at The Empress Hotel right on the Inner Habour.

Then don't miss Butchart Gardens and the Royal BC Museum, both easy to get to. You could argue that the gardens aren't exactly nature but they are lovely and worth a few hours. A day trip out to the Sooke area would be good too, and the Sooke Harbour House has an excellent reputation. Check out Botanical Beach.

• Rick

Victoria is a beautifull place. Be sure to go on the ferry and take double decker buses on a sight-seeing trip right from the ferry dock. I really enjoyed the antique shops. I used to live in Anacortes, Wa. and would take the ferry there. You can do a 2-3 hour cruise around both on ferrys and the double decker buses. From those you can see the great landscape and architectural highlights.There is night life but you would have to ask.

I know you will enjoy it. People are very friendly and asking when you get there would get you to the best dining etc.

Have fun. I wish I was going back there.

Go to the BC Museum,The wax museum, The Inner Harbour

• xomoc

Check out this answer I gave to a similar question regarding Victoria.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Avi2_...

Go to Sooke