Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

preparing for mcat verbal?

is subscribing to and reading the new england journal of medicine a good way to prepare for the mcat verbal section?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The MCAT verbal section tests how you comprehend and digest short passages by asking you questions about each passage. Although I think reading the New England Journal of Medicine would be a terrific thing to do if you're passionate about becoming a physician, I question how helpful it would be in preparing you for the MCAT. The verbal section on the MCAT can be compared to the critical reading section of the SAT or ACT. I'd suggest using MCAT prep books instead, where you'll get more familiar with the format and type of questions and passages from the test. Save the NEJM for those late-night scholarly urges for enlightenment!

Good luck!

• 7 years ago

complicated subject. research on yahoo and bing. it could help!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.