? asked in SportsMotorcycle Racing · 1 decade ago

a good motocross bike for a girl?

okay, so last summer my parents baught me a chineese built 90cc dirt bike (semi-automatic). I finally outgrew that in december, and found a 2003 cr125r dirt bike in absolute mint condition (not even a scratch on it). We baught the bike for 2,300 dollars. Then my uncle, who has been riding for about 35 years, said that the cr125 was a lot of bike for me to learn clutch on. So last week my parents went out and baught me a crf80 just so i can learn clutch. This weekend my dad braught me to a field, and i learned the clutch. The crf80 is deffinetly to small for me to be riding on the track. I want to start racing next summer, but im not sure if i should sell the cr125 and buy a 250 four stroke. Some people told me that the cr125 will just take some time to get used to (with the power bands) and then some people said the bike is way to big for me, and that i should just sell it. My parents are giving my the option of selling the bike for a crf150, crf230, and i want to buy a crf250r. Which bike should i buy, or should i keep the cr125? thanks so much!

my uncle is going to teach me to ride which ever bike i choose

i am a girl, 5 foot 7 inches, and 130 pounds

i will be getting a membership at the track this summer

Best Answer

Hey I just got a crf250r going from a 100cc 2 stroke. You will get used to the cr125r but I would reccommed going for the crf250r. Most bikes that are on the tracks racing now are 4 strokes. These bikes can pull through the gears better. I think Honda makes the best bikes. I am 5 foot 9 and 125 pounds. The clutch I think will be just like the cr125r. I just got a brand new 2007 crf250r for $4400 so try to buy a newer left over one. Hope this helps.

Source(s): racing and riding a crf250r

Any 125 2 stroke is going to be difficult for a beginner, especially one that has just learned to use the clutch. One of the requirements for racing a 125 is having some pretty fancy clutch slipping skills. If money is no issue a 250F would be a much better bike for you than the CR125. At 5'7" you could ride a CRF150RB but it will feel a bit small and cramped. It is hard to go fast on a bike that is too small since it makes you feel clumsy, tends to jump weird and feels very awkward in rutted turns.

ok so if ur planning on going pro or seriouse about the sport go w/ the 250

it dosnt have very much advantages over the 150 2 stroke, but its bigger and has much more parts available. while 150 is smaller..if ur not planning on staying w/ the sport i would suggest keeping it because its smaller has the same power, and takes up less space. both bikes are a good choice. Since ur question is kinda vast and dosnt give much details about the physical bike, im afraid thats all i can answer

i could propose going to the interior sight dealerships and sitting on a collection of different makes and fashions to make certain what you slot ideal on. KTM eighty 5 SX. Kawasaki KX eighty 5 & Kawasaki KX one hundred. Yamaha YZ eighty 5 (there's a huge and small wheel version). Suzuki RM eighty 5. Honda CRF 150R or an older Honda XR one hundred.

i prefer 4 strokes myself, and if your a girl of 5' 7" i don't see why you couldn't handle a 125 as long as you show it a little respect. you can break your neck just as easy on an 80cc if you do crazy stuff. anyway suzuki dr125 are nice bikes and so are the yamaha ones. i had a suzuki drz400s it was an on/off road bike, it wasn't a motocross bike but man it was fun to ride. anyway **** luck. have fun but be safe. :0)

the perfect bike is probably an 85 2 stroke. for a brand id recommend ktm but there a lil expensive

I dont know how old you are but im a guy about the same hieght, 145, i ride a 250 2 stroke. it just depends on what your comfortable with

Out of the bikes you mentioned, the CRF 150 is the only one you should consider.

yamaha YZ-125 perfect

Your a chick the only thing you shood be riding is the back seat of a bike.