spent in baseballs per year..

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Duke Hooby:

" If you round that to be 5,250 and estimate the cost to the team at about $40 per ball you get a approxiamate cost of about $210,000 for each MLB team for baseballs."

$40.00 per baseball? Where do you think they buy them, at Tiffany's? Better do a little more research.

MLB uses Rawlings baseballs which are priced at $14.99 each. A case of 72 baseballs (6 dozen) goes for $ 750.00 which breaks down to about $10.42 each. Since MLB teams use about five dozen per game, the Rawlings Company probably sells them for even less. And, since they use the MLB logo on the balls sold to the public, Rawlings charges MLB much less than $10.00/ball.

Bob

Source(s): The Rawlings website
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

You can buy very high quality baseballs from China for around $3 per ball. I suspect the MLB gets a pretty good deal on their baseballs and I'd guess its around $2 to $3 per ball. Shipping is another story.

• 1 decade ago

According to research I have done in the past the average team uses about 5,000-5,500 baseballs in a season. If you round that to be 5,250 and estimate the cost to the team at about $40 per ball you get a approxiamate cost of about $210,000 for each MLB team for baseballs.

Source(s): Elias Sports Bureau, MLB.com
  • Jason
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

The league as a whole spends around $5.5 million according to this site http://brokensecrets.com/2011/05/25/pro-baseball-t... If you do some dividing and rounding, you get around $190,00 per team, per year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Not as much as you might think.

Probably more than you would pay a good grammar tutor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.