~Alex~
~Alex~ asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Is it safe to run while pregnant?

Okay, my friend is pregnant, and she loves to run.She wants to know if it's safe for her to run?

Favorite Answer

If she was in a regular running exercise routine when she became pregnant then she should be able to continue running ASSUMING there are no complications with the pregnancy. She should get an approval from her doctor before she engages in any exercise.

My Dr told me whatever I did before I got pregnant is safe but you need to listen to your body. Also I would wait to see a Dr before you really push everything to make sure everything is going well. I love to run as well but the 1st trimester for me was pretty hard to get up & be motivated so more power to you if you can still find the energy or keep food down long enough to want to go for a run...the joys of pregnancy :)

Yes, it is safe to run while you are pregnant. There are many athletes who have not only ran, but competed while they were pregnant. Running is probably not a sport you’ll want to start while you are pregnant, but if you already are fit and healthy and are having a normal pregnancy it’s not a problem for you to continue running.

Yes,up until her doctor says to stop. I imagine after she reaches a certain point in her pregnancy,she won't want to,that is if the fatigue doesn't curve her running first.

yeah that's fine, that's what I'm doing. if she's done it before she got pregnant then she can still run but she'll need to take it easy.

If she's not into running and just wants to pick it up out of nowhere then walking is the best option for her.

Source(s): currently 3 months pregnant

yes my mom did when she was pregnant with me. But only up to like five months i think.

It should be. But if shes planning on changing her work our regimen they usually advise you to talk to your doctor before doing so to make sure that its ok. :)

Ask her doctor