The new Star Trek Movie (XI) views; was it good or bad?

It seemed ok but the original series will always be better to me. What are your views? ***WARNING SPOILERS*** The whole alternate reality seemed like a gyp. I wanted to see the real crew's past not their "alternate" past. *rolls eyes* But still compared to other movies nowadays even a messed... show more It seemed ok but the original series will always be better to me.

What are your views?

***WARNING SPOILERS***
The whole alternate reality seemed like a gyp. I wanted to see the real crew's past not their "alternate" past. *rolls eyes*
But still compared to other movies nowadays even a messed up Star Trek movie is better!
I just wish a better solution could have been found to do an "origins" story.
It's been said that this is the only way the Star Trek story could have gone. Really? I disagree. That seems to be just lazy.

Was I the only one that was shocked when they did not go back and "fix" everything at the end of the movie? That seems to be extremely against Srar Trek (The Original Series). Because ALWAYS they would fix it so everything would go back to normal. Like in Mirror Mirror, and City on the Edge of Forever. Both dealing with time travel and alternate realities.