Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Why is the media making teenage girls worried about their weight?

When most celebs have the same weight as us?

http://www.docshop.com/2009/01/20/height-and-weigh...

The thing is i am 16 and very skinny.I weigh only 97 pounds.I am 5'4.I always wanted to gain weight and at least reach 105 pounds.But when i see this chart something amazed me.

I mean i look WAY skinnier than Kirsten Dunst who apparently has the same stats as me.She is just 3 pounds more than my weight.But i don't get it.She looks perfectly normal and i am way too skinny.We have the same height and almost the same weight but still she seems beautiful.Why is that so?

Favorite Answer

You'll gain as you get older without trying.

Every women and girl has a different body type. The amount of muscle mass also is a consideration in weight.

I think that the media abuses their power and constantly sends a message to all women that their bodies are imperfect and that we should not be satisfied with how we look or who we are. That is a very huge mistake as it causes many young women to have eating disorders and body image issues.

Here is a question that you may want to think about. Why is it that men are not judged in the same hyper critical way that women are?

Why is the media kinder to the men than they are to the women?

A few years back the country of Spain refused to allow any models to work if they were underweight as they felt, and rightly so, that their young women were being given the message that they were not physically appealing unless they were underweight and malnourished. In Ethiopia many women would kill to have some weigh on them as they are starving to death as are their children.

Every person has a different body type, bone structure and instead of weighing on a scale it might be healthier to ask your physician whether or not you are at the right weight instead of comparing to photographs and statistics of other women who are in the press.

• Smiley

well i'm near your weight too but i'm 99 pounds and i'm 5-7 but i'm 14, i guess media just wants people to buy there products so they aim for younger girls who usually are worried about there weight. btw you don't have to gain weight because it means that you probably are very athletic or has a high motalmelin (lol i can't spell)

How else could they sell drug pills and other needless stuff to the world?

Also, it's called PhotoShop, they reduce unwanted hair, pimples, and other so-called "imperfections" to appear like Doggesses, but really, they're not that beautiful. Most of the authentically beautiful people in the world are those who are happy and grateful with what they have.

Wow! You are skinny! That`s a VERY good thing to have. Don`t gain weight, you`ll gain it later! The media is evil...

• ?

thts prevalent and basically consume spectacular and do a game or some thing to make you lively..and believe me dont problem approximately vast boobs or a huge butt. they annoy you (esp whilst exercising recurring) and lug u around ahhaha. handle your self slightly each and every so often too even with the undeniable fact that.

Your fine. I'm 5' 8 and only 102 pounds. There's not much you can do about it.

Look forget what everyone else thinks, if you want to gain weight do it. Don't listen to anyone, do what you think will make you happy.

As far as the media making girls worried it is just what they do and will continue to do.

they do that to make us feel ugly and insecure

but we must be stronger than that and concur our self-esteem and be happy with our selves BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU GOT because there are people that don't have any arms or legs or can not see or hear so stop complanning about your body so much!

Its ok if you want to gain weight. When you gain weight also exercise.