Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

elvis presley vs michael jackson?

personally i prefer michael jackson as i never really knew elvis but who's do you prefer overall?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Quiza muchos aqui digan michael jackson porque es mas de este tiempo y tenia la ayuda de la tecnologia para hacerse conocido mas en el mundo, pero les digo una cosa.

Elvis tiene mas numero 1 que michael jackson

Elvis ha vendido mucho mas que michael jackson

Elvis jamas uso pista en sus conciertos, siempre cantaba en vivo, cosa que michael jackson si hacia y mucho mucho en sus conciertos en vivo.

Elvis siempre ha sido popular a pesar del tiempo, en cambio michael jackson estaba casi en el olvido y salia a la luz solo por los casos de pedofilia y ahora que se murio esta en todos los medios.

Habiendo dicho eso saquen sus conclusiones y usando la logica de quien es mejor entre los 2 solo saldra 1 nombre, ELVIS.

• 1 decade ago

I think I'd have to say I prefer Elvis overall, but that's just based on his really early stuff. I don't care for the stuff he did in the '60's and '70's. On the other hand I also really like Michael Jackson's stuff when he was in the Jackson 5, but again I don't care for his solo stuff. They were both amazing when they started out, rockabilly Elvis and Motown Michael. I'm more of an Iggy And The Stooges, Little Richard, Shiina Ringo type. No denying the influence either of those guys had on music and popular culture though.

• Robert
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

This is a generational argument, meaning, people of an older generation would most likely side with Elvis, while the younger generation, most likely side with Michael. Now Elvis had more number one hit, then Michael did, but Michael had the top selling album of all time, If you go by number of albums sold, all time if would be - The Beatles, Elvis, then Michael Jackson.

Source(s): Internet research
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Michael Jackson

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Michael Jackson

• 1 decade ago

Michael Jackson♥

• 1 decade ago

If you really do your research, you will see that Rock n Roll is a mix of many genres of music, thus it can't be "stolen". Elvis sang many different genres as did MJ, plus they both had a certain something about them that made people stand up and pay attention. Elvis is the King of Rock, MJ the king of Pop they were both influenced by a wide range of musical cultures. Elvis is welsh, Jewish and Native American, Mj of African desent..so what?! Maybe MJ wrote more songs than Elvis, but that was because Elvis's mangager was a wanker and wouldn't let him record his own tunes, cause he was getting more $$$ from other song writers without Elvis knowing.

Ok so my answer is both hahah!

• 1 decade ago

It depends on the time you were a teenager.

Old people (like me) think Elvis was the king of rock and roll.

Other people think the Beatles,

Other people Arrowsmith

Other people Michael Jackson.

It depends on where you were when it happened.

Michael Jackson had some personal issues that drag him down. His talent was unquestionable, his private life was questionable.

• La
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I know Michael's music better than Elvis', come to think of it, I don't know Elvis' music at all. The little I heard didn't appeal to me. I grew up in the 80s, you know. So I'd say Michael, although every music fan should respect both of them.

• Brandy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It has to be Michael Jackson every single time. Elvis was way before my time.

• maggie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Elvis

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.