The J-Cat! asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

What do you think of Jason Bay in the all star outfield?

Seriously, look at his stats. Good, but I'd rather see Torii Hunter out there. Bay is batting .259 with 19 homers and 70 RBI, 51 runs, and 13 stolen bases. Hunter is batting .303 with less homeruns and RBI, (17 homeruns and 8 RBI) but more than twice as many SB (13) and a few more runs, plus Hunter is just awesome in the field, not that Bay isn't, but Hunter is solid out there. So my question is, did you vote for Jason Bay? What got you to vote for him over Torii Hunter? Do you see a chance Torii Hunter will play in the All Star game?

Same with Carl Crawford, batting 317 with 40 SB

ooops I meant 62 RBI not 8

• me
    Favorite Answer

I think it's bull ****. He is batting under .260 which is trash. 19 homeruns isn't that uncommon this year, but his RBI's is good.

I'd rather see Melky Cabrera then Jason Bay, let alone Torii Hunter, or Carl Crawford, who are MUCH better then Bay.

Well if anything the person that deserves it least is Josh Hamilton. I like him but he has been hurt most of the year and his stats before he got hurt aren't all-star worthy. Torii Hunter was the outfielder that deserved it most but people don't vote for the people that deserve it, they vote for Yankees or Red Sox or Mets players. One year I hope people actually vote for the people that deserve to be all-stars.

well your an angels fan so everyone has different opinions, the red sox are a big organization with more fans then the angels and more people want to see bay there another thing is madden will be coaching the ll star game for the AL and if bay is affective against them then he might want to play him maybe get an injury? that how the all star game works now a days and i know it is bush league or stupied

Fans select the starting line-up and many times the players numbers have nothing to do with the selection. If it were just based on numbers a computer could decide but the All-Star game is for the fans.

Hunter will make the All-Star team, that is certain. Bay deserve to be there also, but probably not as a starter.

Crawford is 34th in OPS in the AL this year. The only way he should be at the All-Star game is if he buys a ticket

I voted for Crawford, Ichiro, and Bay. Hunter is okay but I think Bay is a little better.

I don't want him on the outfield i like Crawford but not Bay