Poll: Tap water or Bottled water?

I asked this twice, got lovely answers. What confuses me is that ..

People who chose bottled water because they do not like tap as they said they don't know where it could come from.

People who chose tap water BECAUSE they do not know where the bottled water could come from and it has got the chemicals in it.

Best Answer

People normally like bottled water because it's cold and they just like the cold fresh feeling of water running down their throat. Tap water on the other hand may taste like metal and rust so it's less preferable. Bottled water also looks cleaner compare to tap water, just what holds it etc. I don't like drinking tap water because of the taste and the fear of bugs and sticks getting stuck in there. I think bottled water and tap water comes from the same source. I saw something about it on the news some other time but i'm pretty sure those bottles which claim 'spring water' are not true and are just the same as tap water.

Edit: Yup, from the channel nine news; 60 minutes said tap water and bottled water are the same despite the taste.

Bottled water

CHannel nine . 60 Minutes said that Bottle water was the same as tap water.

THey are making money, just by adding water to a bottle and selling it.

I never buy bottled water.

Tap water. Bottled water is essential filtered tap water most of the time. Bottled water is a waste of resources. Any treated water can be filtered with a filter on ones water tap or a filtered water pitcher such as the britta models.

I prefer tap water, it's very good quality in the UK, It's not the chemicals in the bottled water it's the chemicals in the plastic bottle.

• Sofia

Bottled - my tap water tastes horribly metallic (and the limescale build up i around the taps is ridiculous!).

However, my parents (live 20mins drive away) have lovely tap water I drink all the time, bottle it and bring back with me.

I think the multi-billion pound spring water industry could very well be the biggest scam of the late 20th century. Despite this, it is the choice for me.

I would rather buy my drinking water which to my taste buds is better than tap water.

I drink Bottled water ~ I even make my ice cubes out of bottled water ~ I don't like tap water ~ the reason I drink bottled water is, on the odd occasion our water comes out dirty ;-(

Tap water at Home :)

Abroad or In another part of the Country, Bottles!

And people should stop being so retarded. Atleast we have "clean" water, unlike poor bubbas in some countrys!

Bottled and one particular brand - our tap water tastes vile and so does some brands of bottled water, so always try to get the brand I like.