Separation of Church and State V.S. Filing your Taxes as Married?

Alrighty here it is...if there is a legal separation of church and state in the United States...why are married couples allowed to file their taxes together?...I think the government shouldnt allow married couples to file their taxes together on the grounds that the "marriage" they share is based on a... show more Alrighty here it is...if there is a legal separation of church and state in the United States...why are married couples allowed to file their taxes together?...I think the government shouldnt allow married couples to file their taxes together on the grounds that the "marriage" they share is based on a religious practice regardless of their choice in faith (catholic, mormon etc...) Marriage is defined as a union between two people, well regardless it is a ceramonial practice when you come right down to it...so tell me what do you think? is filing your taxes as a married couple violating the separation of church and state?