Why do I still live in Texas? When 5 months out of the year it is too hot to even sit in the shade outside.?

Another 6 months out of the year we have a north wind that blows 30 mph, IF it's not raining. We ge about 1 month of beautiful weather. ANY other place in America is better. Please give me inside info. on some place milder.

Good stuff. Most of May, all of September, & most of October are HOT in the Dallas area where I live. Even November will have several days in the low 90's. Dallas & Houston are 2 of the worst climates in the country. El Paso does cool off at night & is not humid at all ( I have family there), winter time is very cold there though, especially overnight. San Antonio has the best weather overall, but still very hot June through september (lived there), but still better than Dallas even in the summer time. Oceanside sounds fantastic, but the northwest sounds good too. No sales tax in Portland? How cool is that.

For Kathie, if you don't like a question don't answer it. Why would you waste your time? You say it's a dumb question, but you answered it, LMAO!

For Melissa F, Ilive here, it's 5 long months, You obviously don't work outside much. AC doesn't do any good outside of your home, or car. I like to be active outside so I feel a little robbed when it's 90 degrees @ 8 AM & 10 PM. I know it's not the worst place to live, I'm just looking for something better, and I know it's out there. If you're happy here, then good for you.

Favorite Answer

Oceanside, Southern California.

About 300 days of sunshine a year.

Winters, 40's-60's.

Spring, 60's-mid 70's.

Summer, 70's-80's. With the occasional week-long heat wave into the 85-90's.

Fall, 60's and 70's.

Pros: NO SNOW. EVER. NO HURRICANES. NO TORNADOES. NOT AS HUMID as Gulf-coast or South-East. Farthest point away from the beach in Oceanside is only 7 miles. Between San Diego and LA. No more than 2 hours away from ANYTHING. Mountains, Mexico, City life, parks, off roading, the ocean. Lots of cops, lots of Marines.

Cons: Burn season. But not as bad as other areas in Southern California. Earthquakes (but not big enough to wake you up at night, not common at all.) Slightly more expensive to live. Lots of cops, lots of Marines.

Source(s): Living there for years.

I live in the Phoenix suburbs, it's not bad at all. Pretty similar landscape and climate to Texas, minus the wind and rain. And we have beautiful weather all year long. It is a little hot in the summer, only 110-ish, but it's not like you have to go outside mid-day. As long as you run your errands in the morning and at night, you don't really notice. The seasons aren't really defined here, but it does get really cold here in the winter, so that is nice. I'd say around 30 for the lows, 50 for the highs. Summer is usually 95 for lows, 110-115 for highs. Fall is around 65- 70 for lows, 85 for the high. Spring has been ranging every where since I lived here, usually around 55-65 at night, anywhere from 70-95 during the day. Most of the plants out here don't require a lot of water, so there isn't much maintenance yard-wise, especially since a lot of people don't have grass. During the summer we have our monsoon season, which is always exciting. The lightening is amazing, it can provide some spectacular entertainment on a summer night. The humidity is virtually 0% all year long, with the exception of monsoon season, where it is humid right before, during, and shortly after a storm. Another positive is a lot of the roads where I am located are being redone, and the crews fix them up pretty fast. The freeway just got redone and is now cement, 1 foot thick, very stable to drive on. One of the cons of living out here is the allergies, everyone I know has developed allergies since they moved to the Phoenix area. The plants are very different, and they seem to bother a lot of people. That is manageable though with some Claritin, so no big deal. The other downside is that if you love rain, this probably isn't the place for you. We rarely get rain here, sometimes even during monsoon season we only get dry storms. With the exception of daytime hours during the summer, it is great to live out here because you can be outside all year long. Winter isn't too cold, you can still BBQ and play sports without any problems.

Source(s): Arizona resident for 8 years.

Vancouver, WA

Has lower income tax, lower property tax than most places, because it has sales tax. But it's just a couple miles to Portland, Oregon where you can do all your shopping sales tax free.

The weather is similar to what the other person said about Seattle, only a little bit less rain. Even in the hottest summer days most nights it cools down pretty good.

It is an area where within an hour you can either go to the city, a forest, or a mountain. About two hours to the coast.

One of my favorite things about it is there are less bugs than in TX, and the ones we have are generally smaller. No waterbugs, either!

I've been to Dallas two different times in August, and hated everything about it. Fortunately, my relatives from there are moving back up here!

I never lived in TX but I lived in AZ, northern CA and PA. PA is by far the best only because the weather is nice most of the time (it does have its bad times though) and it's affordable. CA weather is the best but it is WAY out of control in terms of affordability. I moved to AZ because I couldn't afford CA anymore and let me tell you this. You do NOT want to live in the Phoenix area unless you enjoy sweating your nuts off 6 months of the year. Some nights it doesn't even go under 100 overnight! It's probably the only place in the US you can make instant sun tea. And forget about running the air con. You can set the thermostat t 80 but once it turns on in April it doesn't turn off until late Sept!

• Arby

You still live in Texas because it's where your job is, and you need the job. Further, it has lower unemployment than many places, so if you move, you may not be able to have a job at all, let alone a better job. Further, you live in Texas because there is no income tax here. If you move to a state with an income tax, it will be like getting a pay cut, even if you earn the same.

Finally, you live in Texas because people who love you are here.

And that one month when it isn't too hot or too cold or too windy or too rainy - that month is glorious.

Source(s): Or maybe that's just me. Lived all over. Every place has benefits, and all have negative aspects. We moved to Texas on purpose.

Come to Seattle if you like alot of rain.

But we also have good summers, its actually a stereotype that it rains all the time. Thats not necessarily true. Yes, it does rain alllottt, but not all the time. We have hot summers, july and august the temperature ranges from 80s to 90s, barely ever in the 100s. In the winter we get some snow, nothing too crazy though. Winter and fall is mostly rain or just cold weather around 40s. In the spring its kinda cool. Our spring time is infamously unpredictable though. Sometimes it snows, sometimes its burning hot. It depends, but usually our spring time is about 60 degrees, a little windy. I love it though. Since we are by the ocean, its windy throughout the year, but nothing harsh.

To sum it up: PARADISE!

Source(s): Seattlite Priiiiiiiiide!!!
  • RoVale

I don't know where you live in Texas but I often visit El Paso. It gets quite hot there in the summer but it has a dry climate so it's not too hot to sit outside in the shade. It also cools off a lot at night.

Actually, it's only about 3 months out of the year that is very hot, June, July and August. We're lucky that in Texas, we don't have to shovel snow or have brutally harsh winters. You must still be staying because you either don't have the money to move, not motivated enough or just want to complain. At least we have a/c. Don't knock Texas, it's a great state.

You mean that was a real question? WTF is wrong with you? You don't like it? MOVE. Best thing you could do is to get out of that red neck dump. Come hang out in Bali, where I live. A million times better than the Lone start sate full of inbred morons. All you texans are sooo proud of texas. for what? Ain't nothing there but steers n queers. and to those who rambled on about where they live, and why, get a life. that was one of the dumbest questions I ever read.

It does not get that hot in Texas! Try spending May through September in the middle of Arizona, and you will never whine about Texas again.

Source(s): Just my own experiences.