Matt asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

7mm rifle rounds in bulk?

I'm not sure if the rifle matters, but it's a Model 70 Winchester. (Looking this up for a friend, don't know any more about it)

He was told that he could find 1000 7mm rounds for $200 in bulk somewhere. Is this possible or is there something close to that?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Even if it were chambered in 7mm Mauser the cost of this ammo is pushing 70 cents to a dollar a round.

Check out Sportsman's Guide.

Good Luck!

Source(s): Me
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

As many have pointed out, the 7,62 is a .30 cal not a 7mm. I'll leave the rest to them :laugh: But the savage is most likely going to be a 7mm mag, 7-08 would be a close second but more mags have been made so the odds are better. The tasco scope adds 0 to the value, if it's my gun it's a negative number since I have to pull it and take up space in my garbage can with it. A basic black 110 is going to go in the $300-$500 range locally. Value will vary quite a bit depending on where you are. Assuming it's a 7mm mag, it's a large round, burns lots of powder and generally thumps pretty well on either side of the trigger. Good up through elk sized game with the right bullet, *maybe* moose size. I'm not a moose hunter so I'll leave that as a maybe. No issues dropping a deer with it. Bigger issue is finding a deer large enough to slow down a good 7mm mag bullet. Effective range is likely to be as far as you can accurately shoot +100 yards. Most shooters are fine to about 200-300 yards, the round should carry more than enough energy out to 500 or so.

• 1 decade ago

You can't even get 320 rounds for less that 200 let alone 1000. That sounds fishy. This is highly un-likely.

• Irv S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Highly unlikely.

If he does, they'll be very old, corrosive, berdan primed military rounds.

You wouldn't want to feed that to a Model 70.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2A
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If you find that let us all know.200rds for $200.00 maybe. It must of been 50yrs since he bought ammo

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.