WHY do people associate S.Q.U.I.D riders with sports bikes?

In the Uk a SQUID is a SQUID stupidly quick under dressed imminently dead... MOST in this weather I have seen were on CRUISERS .. ALL types Few were on sports bikes and a the rest were on naked's and scooters..( yup a scooter can be quick) It scares me as having worked teaching kids to ride and showing them... show more In the Uk a SQUID is a SQUID stupidly quick under dressed imminently dead...
MOST in this weather I have seen were on CRUISERS .. ALL types
Few were on sports bikes and a the rest were on naked's and scooters..( yup a scooter can be quick)
It scares me as having worked teaching kids to ride and showing them the results of road ABRASION they all look serious go outside and then load their jackets into the luggage and ride home in t shirt as if there was a bubble of armour around them.
There are two one on a CBR900 and another on a GSXR1000 that persistently drive round my town. they have now been joined by a third on a hyabusa trike and now it is endemic amongst the lesser riders.
This week I saw a girl in a pair of sports shorts and a gym top and trainers her only concession was a skid lid ( required by law) on a scooter exposed vulnerable and a reminder of one of the worst accidents i have ever seen in my 46 years..
Update: Most of my work takes me onto "A" roads and Motorways.. In these circumstances I've seen guys/ Girls in short sleeved / T Shirts and Shorts.. The higher proportion were on cruisers than any other bike. My annecdotal evidence relates to a SMALL hampshire town ( 15,000 pop)with one high street and a... show more Most of my work takes me onto "A" roads and Motorways.. In these circumstances I've seen guys/ Girls in short sleeved / T Shirts and Shorts.. The higher proportion were on cruisers than any other bike.
My annecdotal evidence relates to a SMALL hampshire town ( 15,000 pop)with one high street and a very small shopping centre. IT is not representative of what I've seen on the A30 A303 M3 M4 A34 M27.. Ok.. so please don't be picky...!
Update 2: STUPIDLY QUICK isn't a measure of accelleration, it is the way that they were driving in the conditions, "Filtering" at 70+ when traffic is travelling at less than 50mph. Is STUPID and QUICK in my book
Update 3: No i'm not into "NANNY STATE" No I'm not into forcing people to wear leathers, nor adverse protection, In this weather i wear a RICHA air jacket and kevlar Jeans but I'm fully armoured and road rash resitant ( both have been road tested by me) Yup the A30 is a great road if you like roman... show more No i'm not into "NANNY STATE"
No I'm not into forcing people to wear leathers, nor adverse protection,
In this weather i wear a RICHA air jacket and kevlar Jeans but I'm fully armoured and road rash resitant ( both have been road tested by me)
Yup the A30 is a great road if you like roman roads "straight" B3400 is mostly restricted.
The A350 and the A354 A36 Warminster blandford Salisbury triangle ands the A360 across salisbury plain are better roads less restricted. Yup been to thruxton for the BSB and also seen the effects of BERKS who think they are valentino or nikki or carl and the remains after; in that i too agree.
BARRY SHEENE invented body armour and he suffered for the faith, Turned motorcycling (and racing) into a safer survivable sport my bike is my way of life.. I don't want to lose that