New and fun board game to buy?

A good game to play with three of my friends?

Favorite Answer

I absolutely love Apples to Apples. We laugh so much playing it, it's really alot of fun!

I have three favorite board games in mind... but they aren't exactly classified as "new". But that shouldn't really matter. As long as their fun.. right?

Actually this one isn't a board game. It's just a fun game..

It's called Don't Break the Ice. It's really risky. A lot of people can play, and the object of the game is to eliminate an ice cube while trying to avoid hitting the main ice. Sound confusing? It's fun, trust me.

Here's some random people playing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUvsjdcnIOM

Youtube thumbnail

The second one is Monopoly. I think you know what that is. It can be very nerve-racking and addicting! Plus they have many versions, not just the original.

The third would have to be scrabble. Each game can be as little as 20 minutes, to hours of fun. Trust me you don't have to be a brain wiz to win at that game, anyways. Just make sure you have a dictionary.

Another one I like is mancala but again, it's not a board game.

Here's the link to play online:

http://www.aflcio.org/unionshop/games/game_mancala...

And the fourth is candy land. Haha, I know it's for little kids and such, but come on, it's really fun :D Try playing for real candy.

As for new games, I'm not sure. Here is a link to many board games:

http://www.boardgamecentral.com

I really hope I helped!

edit: for some reason, my links aren't working.

To get the game Mancala just google it and click the first link.

• Maria

Try Carcassonne Players place tiles and followers in a strategic fashion in order to obtain the most points. The Designer: Klaus-Jürgen Wrede Publisher Hans im Glück Rio Grande Games 999 Games Players 2–5 (6 with expansion) Age range 8 + Setup time 1–5 minutes Playing time 30–90 minutes Random chance Medium Skills required Strategic thought Carcassonne is a tile-based German-style board game for two to five players, designed by Klaus-Jürgen Wrede and published in 2000 by Hans im Glück in German and Rio Grande Games in English. It received the Spiel des Jahres award in 2001. It is named after the medieval fortified town of Carcassonne in southern France, famed for its city walls. The game has spawned many expansions and spinoffs, inspired several PC and console versions. The game's wooden follower pieces, colloquially called meeples (a portmanteau of my people[1]) have become a symbol of European board gaming.

RISK its a board game where you must play one another and the First to take over the whole world wins.

Very good. Available to play online also.

• You can get Monopoly or Life, but with a theme like the Simpson's Game of Life. There's also themes for Monopoly

I agree with answer 1 lol i LOVE apples to apples lol .. also my fav board game is Monopoly .. and Loaded Questions is really fun too!

Fact of Crap! Basically, each person takes turns reading off of these cards that have a x-many facts and x-many fake facts (things that r convincing but not true) and the others race to indicate whether what they just heard was a fact or crap. It's fun, trust me!

i always love a game of monopoly. it takes a lnog time and it doesn't get boring. :D

also rummikub is a good fun game that lots of people can play and it is a number based game. it's like cards but on tiles. :D

Mille Bornes - card game

Sorry! or Parcheesy - board game

Uno - card game

Clue - board game

Life - board game

M&Ms Party Game - board game

Masterpiece - board game

Scrabble - board game

I like these games:

-Bananagrams (similar to Scrabble, but more fun)

-Taboo (fun, word game)

-Pictionary (drawing and guessing)

-Jenga (pulling out tiles without knocking over the structure)

-Blokus (using all of your tiles)

-Rukshuk (building towers out of rocks)

-Man Bites Dog (creating hilarious newspaper titles)

Have fun!