Can I have multiple internet browsers on my computer at the same time?

I currently have the AOL 9.0 browser on my computer, and this feeds my IE6 right now, also. I enjoy using IE6 moreso than the actual AOL 9.0 browser, because I have my toolbars (Google, etc) on Internet Explorer, so it's like one-click-everything. My other family members use AOL 9.0 all the time, but I use IE6... show more I currently have the AOL 9.0 browser on my computer, and this feeds my IE6 right now, also. I enjoy using IE6 moreso than the actual AOL 9.0 browser, because I have my toolbars (Google, etc) on Internet Explorer, so it's like one-click-everything. My other family members use AOL 9.0 all the time, but I use IE6 pretty much 90% of the time.
I went to Youtube earlier, and it had a notice at the top that Youtube won't be supporting IE6 anymore soon, so I went and looked at IE8. It seems ok, but I'm really not sure. I'll be posting that question later, though.

Anyway, now for my current question: If I do end up downloading, say Firefox or upgrading to IE8, can I have multiple browsers downloaded all at once on my computer without any conflicts? (ex. IE8, Firefox, and AOL 9.0 all on the same computer at the same time)
Thanks!
Update: In response to kay, how/where do you choose which browser you want as your default? Sorry, just trying to get as much info as possible before I do anything :)
7 answers