what is the difference between 2.2 L and 3.5 L?

I am buying a car soon and I was wondering the difference between 2.2 L and 3.5 L. I know the difference between a 4 Cylinder and a V6 engine but was confuzed about the other part.

Also, what car do you think is better a Cobalt or a Malibu. I'm looking at 2005's and 2006's mainly. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

why so many thumbs down? anyways, those numbers refer to the displacement size of the whole engine. so the displacement size of the first engine is 2.2 litres, the second is 3.5 litres. the smaller engine will get better mileage. but the 3.5 will get better power. if you ask me, there's no point in having a v6 in a sedan. go for the smaller engine. a 2.2 litre engine is more than enough power for merging on the highway and everyday driving in a sedan.

The difference between a 2.2 L and 3.5 L.

The L stands for liters and without getting into a long winded scientific explanation it is simply a measurement of the size of an engine. A 2.2 L is the smaller of the two engines and this is the staple small engine of the GM brand of cars. It has been around a long time and is a 4 cylinder. This engine is shared among all of GM's small cars. The 3.5 Liter is the larger of the two and is a V6 Engine. I believe the cobalt is a better looking car but these cars are very similar and the malibu was the worse of the two prior to the car being totally redesigned here recently. I do however recommend staying away from the 3.5 L engine. very problem prone.

http://www.wholesalesnapbackscheap.com

The Amity Affliction Official Store - Collegiate Snapback Hat

• Chesa

Wide-angle lenses give a wider field of view. This has the effect of accentuating the distance between objects, and in extreme cases, warping the subject. A fish-eye lens is an extreme wide-angle lens. A telephoto lens is the opposite. it has a narrower field of view, and the effect is a flattening of the image. The classic example that I like is from the movie "The Graduate". Remember the scene where Dustin Hoffman is running towards the camera for 10-15 seconds but it doesn't seem like he's actually getting any closer? This is because the camera had a telephoto lens. A wide-zoom lens is just a wide-angle lens with zooming capabilities. Hope that helps!

"what is the difference between 2.2 L and 3.5 L?"

About 1.3 L

Jared: Petrol tank? WHAT? No. The 2.2 or 3.5 refers to the displacement of the engine, or size basically. A 2.2 is smaller, so SHOULD be more economical, while the 3.5 is larger (and a V6) so will be faster and produce more torque. But it has nothing to do with the gas/petrol tank.

2.2L and 3.5 L are the displacement of those engines. This means: when all the pistons in the motor are at their lowest point, in total, they can hold a volume of 2.2 litres and 3.5 litres. The larger the engine usually, the more power. Personally, I would go cobalt. Depends what you want, malibu's are nice, but you will go through gas like the cookie monster does cookies.

P.S. What model cobalt?

What is the difference between 2.2 L and 3.5 L? yes

The displacement of the car's engine. A total of 1.3L bigger with the v6, or 1300 cc bigger.

• Joe S

The 3.5L has more power. The Malibu will end up being the better car.

a 2.2L is almost economic with the fuel. a 3.5L will get u wasting ur money for fuel. That is how much it burns. common sense V6 = more cylinders = more fuel going in the engine at once, V4 less cylinders, less fuel consumption.