In Islam the wearing of Gold and Silk are haram for men.?

In Islam the wearing of Gold and Silk are haram for men. Can anyone explain from the quran or from the sunnah that why are these things haram.
Update: @diamant
Very accurate, no contest!
Update 2: Heres a few, but diamant is more indepth. There are many hadiths which cover this subject, here are a few: Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 27, Hadith 4046 - Narrated by Ali ibn Abu Talib: The Prophet of Allah (SAW) took silk and held it in his right hand, and took gold and held it in his left hand and said: "both... show more Heres a few, but diamant is more indepth.

There are many hadiths which cover this subject, here are a few:

Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 27, Hadith 4046 - Narrated by Ali ibn Abu Talib: The Prophet of Allah (SAW) took silk and held it in his right hand, and took gold and held it in his left hand and said: "both of these are prohibited to the males of my community"

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 7.731 Narrated byAli bin Abi Talib
The Prophet gave me a silk suit. I went out wearing it, but seeing the signs of anger on his face, I tore it and distributed it among my wives.

Sunan of Abu-DawoodHadith 4224 Narrated byAbuHurayrah
The Prophet (pbuh) said: If anyone wants to put a ring of fire on one he loves, let him put a gold ring on him: if anyone wants to put a necklace of fire on one he loves, let him put a gold necklace on him, and if anyone wants to put a bracelet of fire on one he loves let him put a gold bracelet on him. Keep to silver and amuse yourselves with it.