Who are some Movie Stars that came out of or starred in a horror movie?

I know about Johnny Depp and Kevin Bacon, but what about some in the 90s or later?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1) Matthew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger in The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre aka Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994)

2) Rachel Ward and Daryl Hannah in "The Final Terror" (1983)

3) Jason Alexander, Holly Hunter and Fisher Stevens in "The Burning" (1981)

4) Ali Larter hit big in "Heroes" TV series after being in "Final Destination", didn't she?

5) Linda Hamilton in "Children of the Corn" (1984)

6) Linda Hamilton and Forest Whitaker in "TAG: The Assassination Game" (1982)~It's more of a thriller.

7) Hayden Christensen in "In the Mouth of Madness" (1994)

8) Hilary Swank in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1992) (comedic horror) and "Sometimes They Come Back... Again" (1996)

9) Jim Carrey in "Once Bitten" (1985) (comedic horror)

10) Patricia Arquette and Laurence (Larry) Fishburne in "A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors" (1987)

11) Samuel L. Jackson in "Def by Temptation" (1990) and "The Exorcist III" (1989)

12) Naomi Watts in "Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering" (1996) and "The Shaft" aka "Down" (2001)

13) Tom Hanks in "He Knows You're Alone" (1980)

14) Bill Paxton in "Mortuary", "Night Warning" and "Deadly Lessons", all in 1983

15) Jorja Fox of "CSI: Las Vegas" in "Happy Hell Night" (1992) and "House of Frankenstein" (1997 TV miniseries)

16) George Clooney in "Return to Horror High" (1987) and "Return of the Killer Tomatoes!" (1988) (comedic horror)

17) William Shatner in "Incubus" (1965)

18) Lance Henriksen in "Mansion of the Doomed" (1976), "Damien: Omen II" (1978), "Piranha Part Two: The Spawning" (1981), "Nightmares" (1983), and "The Terminator" (1984)

19) Roy Scheider in "The Curse of the Living Corpse" (1964) (film debut)

20) Liam Neeson in "High Spirits" (1988) (comedic horror) ~ He and Daryl Hannah play ghosts doomed to reenact their wedding night murder-suicide.

21) Harrison Ford in "The Possessed" (1977) ~ This failed TV pilot aired the same year that "Star Wars" was released, actually only a few weeks prior to when he would achieve stardom! Of course, he had rough times with roles until 1980, '81 and '82, when he starred in "The Empire Strikes Back", "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "Blade Runner", respectively.

22) Kirsten Dunst in "Interview with the Vampire" (1994)

23) Brad Pitt in "Cutting Class" (1989)

I listed some older ones along with more-recent films. Sometimes it takes them awhile to hit stardom.

• 1 decade ago

Ryan Phillipe, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Freddie Prinze Jr., Sarah Michelle Gellar in I Know What You Did Last Summer. Neve Campbell, Matthew Lillard, and Jamie Kennedy in Scream.

• Me
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

How about Jamie Lee Curtis? Probably the most famous for coming out of a horror movie and being a big star

• 3 years ago

Marilyn Mason! i do no longer think of there is every person scarier looking than him (and he would not take a seat in a makeup trailer all day to do it. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are frightening attempting to boot. yet incredibly serial killers look purely like every physique else, so i might %.....you. lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Bruce Campbell from the Evil Dead series

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.