Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

My drivers license is suspended in California and I moved to Arkansas?

Can I get a license in Arkansas with a suspended license in California? Do I have to tell them in Arkansas that my license is suspended in California? There is a question on the Driver License form that asks have you ever had a license in another state can I say no or will they find out? I have no money my license has been suspended since around 2004. I really have no money to pay this honestly if I did I would of done it a long time ago. I have 4 children, husband is layed off what can I do. I don't want to be dependent upon my husband as he caused the money issues in the first place. It's time for me to stand on my own two feet get a job, go back to school but I'm soooooo afraid to drive out here in Arkansas with no license for fear of being pulled over and taken to jail. It's too late to say why did you get yourself in this predicament "young and dumb" but it's time to make some changes for the better. Serious people with knowledge and a heart answer only I've got enough stress....

7 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Arkansas will not give you a license if you are suspended in another State. If you answer "no" to the "Have you ever had a license..?" question, you 'might' get an AR license. BUT.... if you ever get stopped by the police for any reason, when they run your license your CA suspension will come up, you will be arrested fro driving while suspended, AND you will be prosecuted by AR for making a fraudulent license application.


  • 1 decade ago

    If your license is suspended in California then you can not be issued a license here in Arkansas. California and Arkansas have reciprocal agreements. I suggest get your problems settled in California first before you make more problems here in Arkansas.

  • 1 decade ago

    Arkansas knows your license is suspended in California and they won't issue you an Arkansas license until you get it fixed.

    Source(s): 12 years law enforcement
  • 1 decade ago

    Here's the thing. I don't know if they check. I haven't heard of an all-state registry that lists all drivers who are on suspension. But you will have to take a driving and written test. You are not supposed to drive to the DMV when you go for your test. If the car is in your name that might be a give away as most states won't let non-drivers to purchase a vehicle. Find out. Then there's the matter of insurance. I know they check your credit report files and something might show on that Get free copies from the 3 main credit companies and see what's on them. You are allowed one free copy from each one every 12 months by law. Go straight to their web sites not thru these offers that try to get you to sign up for something that costs.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    If your license is suspended in one state it will still be suspended in another state, if you fail to tell them about it they will find out, and you could be charged with fraud.

    Likely you will find out if you are stopped for some minor traffic violation, which is the sort of thing that got it suspended in the first place.

    Good Luck

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Not legally no. You ability to obtain a license in on hold until the suspension is over in California.

  • 1 decade ago

    nope because they will ask if your license has been suspened or revoked in another state. and they will check the national data base

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.