What In the case of Korematsu v. United States, the Supreme Court?
In the case of Korematsu v. United States, the Supreme Court
1. a. upheld the constitutionality of the removal of Japanese Americans from the west coast and their placement in internment camps during World War II.
2. b. ruled that the removal of Japanese Americans from the west coast and their placement in internment camps during World War II was barbaric and unconstitutional.
3. c. upheld the constitutionality of the United States atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
4. d. ruled just prior to World War II that Japanese Americans living in the United States had to be repatriated to Japan.
5. e. ruled that restrictions on Japanese ownership of land in the United States were unconstitutional.
As a whole, the permanent federal bureaucracy is
1. a. more broadly representative of the American people than the rest of the federal government.
2. b. composed of an American elite.
3. c. less diverse in terms of the type of jobs than the private sector.
4. d. dominated by white males.
5. e. now employing 15% of the American work force.
The Supreme Court ruled against some of the basic principles of affirmative action in which of the following cases?
1. a. Regents of the University of California v. Bakke
2. b. United Steelworkers of America, AFL-CIO v. Weber
3. c. Fullilove v. Klutznick
4. d. Metro Broadcasting Inc. v. Federal Communications Commission
5. e. all of these
When the First Amendment was written guaranteeing freedom of the press,
1. a. there was virtually no daily press in this country.
2. b. only the largest cities had a daily press.
3. c. the penny press was prevalent.
4. d. the press was owned by the government.
5. e. the telegraph was revolutionizing the newspaper industry and stimulating the rapid spread of daily newspapers throughout the country.
1. a. have been known to link forces with the CIA to overturn governments they disliked.
2. b. are usually strictly regulated by their host country.
3. c. are among the oldest actors on the international stage.
4. d. contribute two-thirds of the world's industrial output.
5. e. are all of these