Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

In your opinion, what is a poser?

I hear that word thrown around loosely nowadays, referring to anyone from Avril Lavigne, to many different alternative bands, to people that shop at Hot Topic, etc. So I want to know your opinion, what is a poser?

To me, a poser is someone that tries too hard to be a certain image, someone who tries too hard to fit into a certain stereotype, thinking that this will make them cooler and more accepted.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i agree with your definition of a poser.

there are A LOT of posers at the Beauty & Style > Other - Beauty & Style.

i've seen a lot of girls post up pictures of themselves and actually ASKED what stereotype they looked like, and how they could make themselves look more 'scene', or 'emo'.

to me, THAT'S being a poser.

• Login to reply the answers
  • bacher
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i think of a poser is somebody who does some thing somebody else invented. It does not incorporate activities. An occasion would be that guy who did triller after Michael Jackson died. he's a poser.

• 1 decade ago

I think a poser is someone who does something someone else invented. It doesn't include sports. An example would be that guy who did triller after Michael Jackson died. He's a poser.

• Yeah people who try hard to act/dress a certain way as if it's cool. Be comfortable in your own skin and stop trying to impress everyone. Like if you don't dress a certain way your not cool. I wear what i want and thats that. :]

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

All politicians are grade A posers

• 1 decade ago

Someone who tries to hard to be something they're not

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Someone who tries to be someone or something the aren't.

• 1 decade ago

Fat scene kids with nasty weird hair

Girls who wear skate/surf/snow brand clothes to impress guys

People who pretend to like music they dont.

Pretty much everyone in the world.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's short for impostor, someone who pretends just to fit in, but not true to themselves.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

someone who claims to be "emo" & all bad a s s, and then starts laughing at the stupidest things .

me; "would you like a hard cover, or soft cover book ?"

emo poser; "lmao you said HARD !!! LOL LOL LOL ! ahhhh im so depressed ....... wah wah wah ."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.