What are some "Dangerous" countries not on this list?

I'm currently looking for a place to go study abroad. I've been abroad before for years, but this time I'm looking for somewhere a little more interesting to go, maybe a little 'dangerous' ;O

This is the countries Travel Warning list: http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw...

Is there any countries you could think of that aren't on that list that might fit what I want? I've lived in Taiwan and China before, i'm looking for an Asian/African/Middle Eastern country to set out to, to learn the Culture and Language.

I wanted North Korea, but apparently even though it's not on the list I can't go there.

Favorite Answer

Thailand.... It's relatively safe but up in the border regions can be a bit unsafe....

The tourist areas near the coast and Bangkok are safe.... But up near the Cambodian and Laotian border you have communists, drug runners and all sorts of shady factions and characters...

I vote Thailand !!

Even in Bangkok it's not that safe, you'd have time being excited; just wearing yellow tee and go into the Red shirts protesters. You will experience the real excitement; getting close to local people(and death), you'll have got to learn Mauy Thai(immediately) and surely, Reds will show you how to speak Thai fluently XD

Just joking, but seriously that kind of things happened more than 4 times in last 18 months.

I don't think you should have your life in risk though as you can lose it within a few mins unexpectedly unless you're a photographer or journalist.

Source(s): Local people =3

Scotland!

Source(s): Not Scottish

You wanted to go to NK?

UK