Cat brought in baby bird?

Our cat just dragged in a half-dead baby bird. We put it in a shoebox with a towl like they tell you and a little water, but we have no bird seed or anything. It looks like a baby, it's smaller than my fist, but it's got wing feathers, so i guess it's not that young. What should we feed it? Or what else... show more Our cat just dragged in a half-dead baby bird. We put it in a shoebox with a towl like they tell you and a little water, but we have no bird seed or anything. It looks like a baby, it's smaller than my fist, but it's got wing feathers, so i guess it's not that young. What should we feed it? Or what else should we do for that matter, just make sure it's comfortable? Please answer.
Update: I don't think it's hurt badly. Just scared shitless. I only noticed it because it was squaking. My cat's done this before, but that bird was an adult. It flew out the window, however. She's a lazy cat. I think she just caught it and poked it around. That's all she ever does. Right now I... show more I don't think it's hurt badly. Just scared shitless. I only noticed it because it was squaking. My cat's done this before, but that bird was an adult. It flew out the window, however.

She's a lazy cat. I think she just caught it and poked it around. That's all she ever does.

Right now I can hear birds outside my window, (and i don't usualy. Not at 1 in the morning) perhaps the mother?
Update 2: Also, does anyone know how I could identify what it is? I thought it might make it easier in caring for it.