Why doesn't it feel real?

In less than 48 hours, I will be meeting my brother for the first time. He is my last missing family member. I have spent 23 years looking for him,and dreaming about this day. I almost found him twice, but it didn't pan out I found out I had a brother when I was 14 and he was 9. I almost got to meet... show more In less than 48 hours, I will be meeting my brother for the first time. He is my last missing family member.

I have spent 23 years looking for him,and dreaming about this day. I almost found him twice, but it didn't pan out

I found out I had a brother when I was 14 and he was 9. I almost got to meet him when I was 18 and he was 13. Our grandfather took me to his house but he had moved just months earlier.

Another time I found his name on an online people search, called the number and it had been "temporarily disconnected" I called that number every day for weeks, then one day the messege was changed to "no longer in service". I must have missed him by a few days...

I looked on myspace, google, paid Intellus, and no luck...until Dec 29, 2009. Out of boredom I searched myspace again and there he was!

We messeged back and forth and have been talking on the phone ever since. We have been planing this reunion for months. His girlfriend is as excited as he and I are..

But as I sit here, I just can't seem to believe that it is actually going to happen. It just does not seem real.

When I reunited with my first mom, I had butterflies for days. When I met my sisters, I agonized over every second until the arrived, but I KNEW it was going to happen.

I am excited about seeing my brother, but I just can't accept the reality of the fact that this time Friday night, he will be sitting here in my living room.

Has anyone else in reunion felt this way? As I said, with my other reunions I never had this "it isn't real" feeling...

ETA wtf?? Y!A is weird..not sure if I wonder more how it relates to the first suggestion....or if I should be upset by the one about singles and dating ..I mean I know I live in Arkansas, but come on LMAO

Based on your question, we think it belongs in one of these categories:

Suggested Category Browse Categories Suggested Category Society & Culture > Cultures & Groups > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered
Social Science > Psychology
Society & Culture > Religion & Spirituality
Family & Relationships > Singles & Dating
Arts & Humanities > Philosophy