Willow
Willow asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 1 decade ago

Why doesn't it feel real?

In less than 48 hours, I will be meeting my brother for the first time. He is my last missing family member.

I have spent 23 years looking for him,and dreaming about this day. I almost found him twice, but it didn't pan out

I found out I had a brother when I was 14 and he was 9. I almost got to meet him when I was 18 and he was 13. Our grandfather took me to his house but he had moved just months earlier.

Another time I found his name on an online people search, called the number and it had been "temporarily disconnected" I called that number every day for weeks, then one day the messege was changed to "no longer in service". I must have missed him by a few days...

I looked on myspace, google, paid Intellus, and no luck...until Dec 29, 2009. Out of boredom I searched myspace again and there he was!

We messeged back and forth and have been talking on the phone ever since. We have been planing this reunion for months. His girlfriend is as excited as he and I are..

But as I sit here, I just can't seem to believe that it is actually going to happen. It just does not seem real.

When I reunited with my first mom, I had butterflies for days. When I met my sisters, I agonized over every second until the arrived, but I KNEW it was going to happen.

I am excited about seeing my brother, but I just can't accept the reality of the fact that this time Friday night, he will be sitting here in my living room.

Has anyone else in reunion felt this way? As I said, with my other reunions I never had this "it isn't real" feeling...

ETA wtf?? Y!A is weird..not sure if I wonder more how it relates to the first suggestion....or if I should be upset by the one about singles and dating ..I mean I know I live in Arkansas, but come on LMAO

Based on your question, we think it belongs in one of these categories:

Suggested Category Browse Categories Suggested Category Society & Culture > Cultures & Groups > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered

Social Science > Psychology

Society & Culture > Religion & Spirituality

Family & Relationships > Singles & Dating

Arts & Humanities > Philosophy

Favorite Answer

lol yahoo is weird.....

you know it feels surreal. thats because you have been chatting with him for so long on myspace, and before that you even gave up. you call call called him to no avail. basically its just hard to grasp that you will come face to face with someone who was so elusive for you to find.

have a great reunion kidmindi

• ...

That's how I felt before meeting my sister after 19 years.

I knew she lived in the same state, but had no idea that she lived just 5 min. from me for 7 years or more. We must have passedeach otherr many times. When we did finally meet, she had already moved away to go to school.

It was exciting to finally see the person I had been looking forward to meeting since I last saw her.

Unfortunately things didn't turn out so well. We met a few times and then when we were supposed to meet for a pedi, she just didn't show and has made it obvious that she isn't interested anymore. I'd be nice to at least know why, but I give up,

well when i was 11 i found out i had a little sister from my dad (who abandoned me when i was 2) he also abandoned her. she was 6 at the sime i met her. before i met her i was really exited and nervose and i though it was so unreal! but it was real and we are now great sisters.

recently i got a letter from my dad saying he wants to get to know me and he told me that i have a little brother and a little sister aswell. im very shocked and i don't think i will see him again which means i won't see my brother or sister either which makes me sad! i wonder how many other brothers and sisters i have got!

• Erika

i grew to become into like that final year. I went months with out feeling something. It felt like somebody else grew to become into residing my existence and that i grew to become into purely observing. no person understood how I felt. What ultimately snapped me out of it particularly is i stumbled on the inspiration of the subject, fastened it as much as i ought to and then stumbled on some people who enjoyed me. I additionally had to settle for myself for who i grew to become into and not attempt to be something. yet another ingredient that helped is i stumbled on a place the place i should be all by ability of myself and that i purely screamed. and then I talked out my existence to myself because of the fact the time the place each thing went incorrect. i won't be able to truly inform you to "do" something, because of the fact i think of its something you'll be able to desire to be certain on your very own. i think of the "numbness" your describing comes from having too many emotions, inflicting you to close down each thing. the final ingredient i will advise you do is attempt to discover the subject and perhaps restoration it. i'm hoping I helped!

It probably doesn't feel real because twice before you almost found him and it didn't happen, but now its the real thing! I bet you will get butterflies soon enough! This will be so exciting for both of you.

YES! Still when I'm with my birth Daughter I still think it feels unreal? She say's the same thing. I don't know if it is because we have longed for it for years or just the disbelief I'm not sure what it is. Good Luck, I just know everything will work out for all of you!

I'm very happy for you , I hope things come out great for the two of you , Things will work out just trust me

Best Wishes to you both

Darren

Just be happy you get to c him!! I my father I saw for the 1st time in 13years and it was like I was meeting a stranger. I have a brother that is 6 months younger then me and I have never gotton to c him thanks to my dad:) I am happy you found him!!! just be yourself and b thankful to have him!

• You're so happy and excited that your mind is in shock and can't seem to fathom that you are actually going to meet him after so many years of anticipation but you weren't able to meet him. now that it's finally coming to your home, you are still in shock. It will wear away. don't worry. revel in your happiness and excitement about meeting your sibling. =)

answer mine!!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200907...

very good