Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

how many drops of food coloring to make dark purple?

how many drops of red and blue food coloring to make dark purple for frostings??

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

equal amounts of red and blue - depends on how much frosting you're making as to how many drops of each you'll need to make it dark

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The liquid food coloring will not give you a deep dark purple without having to use several bottles of each. And then your frosting will taste off and the consistency will be changed. The colors are not concentrated enough, you should try gel or paste food coloring. Wilton sells some and they can be purchased at a craft store, some Wal-Marts sell them as well.

• 4 years ago

100 drops of purple

• 1 decade ago

it really depends on the type of food coloring and the type/amount of frosting- i would do two drops of red and blue stir, then see and repeat this process-you may need to add more blue if you are looking for a darker purple

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jeanne
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avXHx

use a darker blue, or go to the supermarket and buy purple food dye. You only need a few drops of this (I buy mine from Morrisons) to dye fondant a purple colour, and a few more drops to get it dark purple!

• 1 decade ago

6 red 4 blue

Source(s): back of the box
    • Darlene5 years agoReport

well if it is on the back of the box then that is what I am gonna do. Thank you Cassie

• angel
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Just add one drop of each colour at at time, until you get the shade of purple you are looking for

• Ann
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You are just going to have to mix a little at a time until you get the right color.

Source(s): just me
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Two red to one blue.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.