Does vaginal birth permanently stretch the vagina?

Just curious......is the area too loose after giving birth?

Favorite Answer

No... it's not a permanent thing.

6 weeks after giving birth the vagina will retain about 80-90% of it's elasticity.

With kegel exersizes, you can get it back to pre-birth status in about 8-12 weeks.

Luckily vaginas are very stretchy, stretchy enough to allow big babies to pass through! They shrink back after a while. Sex may feel different, but its no less enjoyable. Kegel exercises, like the person above says are key! Google them if you dont know what that is. :)

the vagina is kind of like a rubber band. It expands to fit the baby, then after it goes back to its original size, or as close as it can. Doing keagals can help tighten things back up as well

No after a couple of weeks it goes back to normal

Source(s): my kids had really big heads...jus kidding...lol

You'll be a tad bit stretched out afterwards. For the most part you go back to normal, but sex will be a bit different. My husband doesn't complain, but he has noticed I'm not as "tight".

• Amanda

no. in a couple months it goes back to normal.

i don't think so, and neither does my husband; the vagina really is amazing