Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do Southerners fly the Confederate flag to remind everyone that they lost?

(((filthyb))): Ready to LOSE again? Anytime...

Favorite Answer

I fly the confederate flag because I'm proud to be a southerner, on the other hand, I guess you wear your Obama Tee Shirt because your a Yankee Liberal A** Hole.

No - and what does that have to do with McCain/Palin stickers, anyway?

They fly the Confederate flag to remind themselves that - despite the way the victors rewrote history - to them the issue was not slavery. Slavery was becoming out of style by then even in the south.

But States Rights was not out of style then. The right of each state to determine what's in its own best interests - according to the voting population of that state - is an idea that is STILL in style.

Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves. That much is true. But he trampled on the Constitution to do it. That much is also true. Did the ends justify the means? Probably - but that doesn't lessen the loss to those who got trampled.

I assume that they fly the Confederate flag (which is an American flag) because their ancestors fought for that flag.

The Civil War was a "civil" war. Both sides were Americans.

No the battle flag is an expression of regional cultural identity. Aren't libbies supposed to boohoo about the mean industrialists and cultural imperialists who have no respect for such things?

however I differ with bald eagle because a csa would not have remained sovereign IMO

I'm a Kansas Republican and I remind my Democrat friends in Missouri all the time.

We were just behind at half time, wait till play starts back up. 134 years is plenty of time to regroup.

Dave

no its for their southern pride the same that a black person wants black heritage month..the southerners feel they should be able to fly their flag...its all about heritage and has nothing to do with slavery

No, I fly mine to remind everyone of the great history and tradition of the south and the confederacy. But of course, you northerner, elitist, New England liberals wouldn't understand our values.

This country would be better if the south had won the civil war.

Well - the Southerners I've met are drunken losers for the most part - the racist flag of their damned union fits them perfectly - useless loser rebels.

The Confederate Flag is an integral part of U.S. history and should always be treated as such..........with respect and dignity.