I am about to start driving school, is driving hard?

im 17 years old, and im going to be a senior in high school in the fall.

alll my friends drive and i need to start, i don't have parents so I need to go to driving school, im REALLY nervous because i don't have any experience at all. any tips or advice? is it hard at first? be honest!

Best Answer

Just stay calm and be defensive and pay attention and practice when you can. Driving can be sort of hard at first because you need to learn to feel the touch of the gas and brake and the turning radius of the car. After a little while a driving you will begin to get used to it and driving will become ur second nature

• Emily

It isn't necessarily hard, but it is a bit unnerving. If you have a car and a friend who can drive, ask them if they can drive out to a large, empty parking lot and practice. Get used to the controls, practice parking, reversing, etc. Be sure to pay attention to what you are doing. If you think you might have a hard time, leave the radio off and don't have friends who like to talk a lot with you. Practice helps a lot. :)

first thing you want to do is not be nervous!!! that's when most ppl make mistakes just calm down!! pay attention when you drive with other ppl and notice everything they do and pay attention to the roads and the rules put down your phone for a few moments and really pay attention to whats going on! most ppl are scared of driving at first but soon get confident!! be cautious of everything around you alot of ppl make mistakes and will cause accidents don't tex and drive or look at your phone at all put it somewhere you cant reach or look at it (glove box?) it really is simple tho just follow the rules slow down before you get to turns don't gas and brake every 5 seconds just coast and relax take it easy and always hover the brake when your not on the gas. one thing i hate is when ppl accelerate all the way to a stop sign or red light then slam on the brakes like they thought it wasn't there. just use enough to get your there then coast the rest the way you will save gas and prevent a crash if there are others doing it around you. be safe and cautious of everyone is the most important thing and to be confident you can do it be safeee!!!=]

I'm 15 and got my permit about a month ago so you could probally relate to me. Driving isn't hard it just takes some getting used to. It's different from like driving a go-cart. Most of driving is confidence, if your confident (but not cocky) while you drive you'll do fine

Practice makes perfect. Driving is fun. Just don't tailgate and stay away from stupid drivers. Remember, you can be the most perfect driver, but there is always going to be a stupid one on the road.

It wasn't hard for me.

I've been driving since I was 16- (November 2007)

Source(s): I'm 17 as well & about to be a senior. I just got my license this year.

No, but it takes practice to become confident and experience. Once you have been driving for a while, you will have both.

My top tips are:

- Always do Shoulder Checks

- Try not to drive in peoples blinds spots

I think driving is easy. When I first starting driving I was so scared. But everyone just told me to relax and try to be calm. Always watch the people around you. I think you will enjoy it and it gives you alot of freedom and you never have to ask anyone for a ride!

Advice: don't be nervous and if you are try to relax. Be alert of everything going on around you.

Good luck!!

• PH D

The most important thing to remember is to keep the middle of the car doing over the oil makes in the street

not hard at all, most of the stuff you learn is common sense. Have fun...I just finished driving school and I'll be 17 in October

yes it's hard at first.. but don't worry, that's only about a day..

the only real hard thing is the first few minutes figuring out how the car reacts to the movement of the petals and steering wheel, and how to get used to them.. i was a jerky braker the first day or so.. but it's not that hard.. don't worry! :)