promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Does the Republican Party rue the day they decided to use "family values" for campaign slogans?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Republican politicians did well with their "family values" so long as their were more MIS-informed Americans and INFORMED ones.

But the tide has changed now that more and more people have become aware of the TRUTH, i.e. that Republican politicians tend to be moral degenerates, like

Ronald Reagan – divorced the mother of two of his children (who had been married twice before), to marry Nancy Reagan who bore him a daughter only 7 months after their marriage.

Sen. Bob Dole – divorced the mother of his child, who had nursed him through the long recovery from his war wounds.

Sen. Phil Gramm of Texas – divorced.

Sen. Lauch Faircloth – divorced.

Sen. Alfonse D'Amato of New York – divorced.

Sen. John McCain of Arizona – divorced.

Sen. John Warner of Virginia – twice divorced (once married to Liz Taylor.)

Sen. John Ensign of Nevada - (working on it).

Newt Gingrich – divorced his wife who was dying of cancer.

Dick Armey – House Majority Leader – divorced.

Rep. Bob Barr of Georgia – Barr, not yet 50 years old, has been married three times. Barr had the audacity to author and push the "Defense of Marriage Act." The current joke making the rounds on Capitol Hill is "Bob Barr. . .which marriage are you defending?!?.

Rep. Helen Chenoweth of Idaho – divorced.

ex-Rep. John Kasich of Ohio – divorced.

Rep. Susan Molinari of New York – Republican National Convention Keynote Speaker – divorced.

Henry Kissinger – divorced.

Gov. George Allen of Virginia – divorced.

ex-Gov. John Engler of Michigan – divorced.

ex-Gov. Pete Wilson of California – divorced.

ex-Gov. John Roland of Connecticut – divorced

(imprisoned for corruption after resigning in shame).

Mayor Giulliani

Bernard Kerik, (Giulliani's famous protege and New York City Police Commissioner had two simultaneous adulterous affairs.)

George Will – divorced.

Rush Limbaugh – Rush (30-pill a day drug addict) and his latest wife, Marta, have six marriages and six divorces between them.

Dr. Laura Schlessinger, right wing conservative radio host. Promotes family values, estranged from her mother, opposes birth control, has had her tubes tied, espouses saving oneself for marriage, admits to having had sex before she was married, opposes adultery, has committed adultery while she was married, opposes divorce, is divorced and remarried.

Although clearly the beneficiary of Affirmative Action himself, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has been one of its more powerful opponents now that he has become a champion of the white Republican establishment. And although he is an ultra-Conservative Catholic in most respects where others are concerned, he was uncharacteristicly liberal when it came to his own marriages. Two years after divorcing the mother of his one child, a Catholic woman whom he had married 13 years earlier, he took a second wife, which Conservative Catholics condemn, at least for those who don't have the prestige that Justice Thomas enjoys.

A great many leading Democrats, on the other hand,

are still married to their original spouses, leaders like :

Senator Robert Byrd of W. Va. married almost 69 years when wife died in 2006.

Sen. & presidential candidate George McGovern married 64 years in 2007.

Walter Cronkite was 64 years when wife died in 2005.

Pres. Jimmy Carter married 62 years in 2008.

Senator John Glen of Ohio married 63 years in 2008.

Liberal journalist Bill Moyers married 54 years in 2008.

Senator Harry Reid married 49 years in 2008.

Pres. Harry Truman married 53 years when he died in 1972.

Sen. & V.P. Walter Mondale married 53 years in 2008.

Actor & Activist Alan Alda married 50 years in 2007.

Director & Activist Norman Lear married 49 years in 2008.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi married 48 years in 2008.

Sen. Patrick Leahy married 45 years in 2008.

Comedian Bob Newhart married 45 years in 2008.

House Leader Charlie Rangel married 44 years in 2008.

Speaker Dick Gephardt married married 42 years in 2008.

Comedian Billy Chrystal married 41 years in 2008.

Pres. Franklin D. Roosevelt married 40 years when he died in 1945.

Pres. Lyndon Johnson married 39 years when he died in 1973.

Senator Paul Wellstone married 39 years when he died in 2002.

Senator and V.P. candidate Joe Biden 31 years to 2nd wife after his first wife and two daughters were killed in a tragic auto accident. His family is so important to him that he has no home in D.C., but spends 4 hours in travel to and from his home in Delaware to D.C.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Their mistake all the way back to Nixon is believing that Just because the Label Republican is in front of a Politicians name does not mean that these Politicians truly represent their Conservative values . Yet they keep voting Republican with out considering the Man- or woman they are voting for .

We Democrats Know there are bad apples in both Political parties and we kick them out .

• *?*
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I'm not a Republican but this question makes it sound like you don't believe in family values. I like to believe that family values is something to be proud of no matter what political affiliation you are.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. Lord knows you people don't have any ,, promoting promiscuity then murder as birth control.

We may have some geeks that get Lucky with a bimbo or in Sanford's case fall in love ,, but overall we are the family value party.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I doubt it. It's just another lie they told to get people to support them. They were never about family values, just about hypocrisy and a ruse to seem like something they are not.

Remember, everyone loves to throw a stone. This is what Republicans do best.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No more then Democrat will rue the day when they came up with the bright idea that success is evil while they lay a tax burden on the country that we may never ever get out of.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They should rue more than that -- their entire manifest destiny is a joke. If they ever wake up, they will support ALL of America and not just the people they like.

The US is not a corporation, folks, and if you try to make it one, it will fail.

Let's focus on helping America to recover.

• 1 decade ago

Why should I feel ashamed of my "family values"?

• 1 decade ago

No

I suppose there will be a sanford joke coming soon.

No intelligent thinkers fault an entire ideology, or even an entire political party because one chucklehead can't keep it in his pants.

find a new foundation to base your hate upon.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

All hypocrites claim to have family values. This takes the attention off of their scandals.

• 1 decade ago

Why? I have been Republican my entire adult life and I have family values. And I have what I believe should be American values. But no one on this earth is perfect. Ask Mr Clinton.

SFC

US Army

retired

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.