Mother-in-law influence...thoughts?

It is strange. Before my mother-in-law moved nearby, my wife was sweet to me and my family. Once she moves to our area, my wife has literally transformed to someone who i hate to see at the end of each day. She would falsely accuse me on many things, never apologizes when she was clearly wrong, she wouldn't... show more It is strange. Before my mother-in-law moved nearby, my wife was sweet to me and my family. Once she moves to our area, my wife has literally transformed to someone who i hate to see at the end of each day. She would falsely accuse me on many things, never apologizes when she was clearly wrong, she wouldn't even call my mom "mom", she defends her mother on every issue and often leads to a fight. It is almost like her mother is her daughter and she has this need to protect her and could not be objective about it. My wife often screws me over for her mom. I have been honest and tell her straight out. But I am too nice and always fall back to do nice things for her and her mom... it has been like this for almost two years. I can see irreversible changes going on inside me and almost know for certain that we will split up. it is a shame, we have a beautiful little girl and that is the last thing i want to do. I don't know my wife any more and I don't think I could ever will. I used to think men who cheats are weak and now I start to see the other side (I have not cheated on her). Oh.. I also found emails that my wife is secretly in communication with guys that she refuse to discuss with me about. I start to see the parallel in my wife and my mother-in-law's personality and it is a huge turn off. Honestly, I can tolerate my mother-in-law if I know my wife is not fastly becoming a carbon copy of her. I am frustrated and confused... I want this marriage to last, but I feel my heart is going out of the door. I don't trust my wife in all type of ways. I left out my emergency contact blank at my doctor's office because I honestly feel I can not trust her. She takes no interest in my life. I think I am rambling... I will stop here. Any thoughts are helpful. Thanks.
2 answers 2