my wedding walk song....?

we are doing a luau style themed wedding. well its half traditional and half luau. its going to be on our property. with about 75 ppl.

i really dont want to walk to the traditional music.

so i thought of this song that i really love from the soundtrack of Meet Joe Black.

But the one i want is sung by another guys. It is "Somewhere over the Rainbow" by israel kamakawiwo'ole.

it sounds really Hawaiian. i cant find just the instrumental version though.

So my question is will you please listen to the song on itunes or rhapsody and tell if you think it will work as my walking song and if you think it will be okay having the words in it!

Thanks for your help!!!!

ok or in another whole direction, we both love tim mcgraw. and i was thinking of "its your Love" by him and faith but the intrumantal version. listen to it and let me know what ya think>

Favorite Answer

I hate to tell you, but the is no instrumental Version of the Somewhere Over the Rainbow, however since you are having the Luau theme, even with the words it would still be very appropriate, I am an event planner and DJ and it is a wonderful song for your procession.

Source(s): Event Planner and DJ
  • abs

I have searched and searched for an instrumental version of this song... I really wanted to walk back out to this song... I was even going to have my brother play it for me... but then I found The Molokai Ten to walk back out to

I am getting married off the lake so we are having kind of a beachey pretty casual wedding.

I am walking into Jason Mraz "I'm yours" I found a couple of instrumental version of this. It is SOOO pretty and kind of has that tropical feel. I am walking into the acoustic version

Look up the Vitamin String Quartet - they have a lot of realy cool stuff

Then look up Jason Mraz, Acoustic Tribute

Actually look up:"Karaoke - Ameritz Somewhere Over The Rainbow". It is the only song anywhere close to it.... but I really don't like it that much....

If you want somewhere over the rainbow it still has the words but try looking up Hawaiian somewhere over the rainbow....cool for the luau

I hate to rain on your parade, but have you actually LISTENED to the lyrics of 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'? It’s not exactly a happy song.

It’s about wanting to get out of the place you are in and go somewhere better. Is that really the message you want to convey at your wedding???

‘It’s Your Love’ is a much more appropriate choice.

• 4REEE

How about if you find a friend who can play it?

*

*

*