spiritually speaking, are smokers drug addicts or just very enthusiastic about tobacco?

about a month ago it was raining and i was getting ready to cross a rather busy thoroughfare in a stripmall parking lot and some tard from the dry comfort of her car decides to ask me if i have a light.

of course let us not totally discount the possibility that she didn't actually want a light and really wanted some Barneyluvin, cuz Barney is fly like dat.

Favorite Answer

By definition, if you have a physical addiction to a drug or chemical substance, you are a drug addict.

Period.

Nicotine is a drug.

Contrary to what people rationalize, they do not smoke because they enjoy it, they smoke because their brains are physically addicted to the nicotine.

They are, by definition, drug addicts...

Addicts

• ?

Having been a smoker who only stopped smoking through a miracle I can tell you, they are a slave to nicotine. I have no expereince with other addictive drugs, but I simply could not over come the drug

Well nicotine is an addictive drug so make your own conclusion. Someone said people get addicted to coffee. That's true too. But not all people that drink coffee are addicted and not all smokers are either.

Most cigarette smokers are addicts..

Big Tobacco Companies put enough nicotine in a cigarette to cause withdrawal symptoms if not puffed on a regular basis

I'm addicted. If I don't have some nicotine every 3 hours or so, I get a migraine and I start shaking, and occasionally vomit.

It's bad. It's very bad.

If smoking wasnt unhealthy, I'd start right now. There's just something cool about blowing smoke out of your mouth.

But then again, I've got an addictive personality.

They're addicts, by any definition of "addict" you care to name. It's physiological AND psychological - definitely a double whammy, and extremely difficult to kick.

I have good friends who smoke, and I worry about them; I've seen other friends go through lung cancer, and it's an utterly awful disease.

I am a smoker and i am a drug addict-i am addicted-o.k.?-can the President please pass a law to outlaw the selling of cigarettes to help me -or would that effect our economy without our money?

You could say the same thing about people who always have a coffee on their way to work.

I'm sure you are probably addicted to barney, for example.

edit; mwuahahaha.

I see too clearly for you, obviously.

:)