Kate G asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Sex during your period, will he do it? Come on men, weigh in please!?

I am just looking for the general consensus about how most men feel about having sex with their girlfriend/fiancee/wife during her period. Does it gross you out? Turn you on? Some men won't even go near their wives when they are menstruating because it disgusts them, makes them feel dirty. If the woman wants it and the man doesn't, are there ways to compromise? Has anyone found any ways to make him a little less fearful or standoffish? Do we (us girls) have to just go without because mother nature makes it messy a week of each month? All opinions (from both sides) welcome. Come on, guys, weigh in here! :)

P.S. If your only replying to say nasty things, please, find a better use for your time. No one wants to be made to feel bad for having a question. I thank you all ahead of time for answering kindly! :)

Favorite Answer

Yeah, it's great when you're on your period because it's extra warm and slippery. If it grosses him out, just have sex in the dark so he can't see it. If he's a real lover of females, like I am, nothing will gross him out (other than immaturity). From what I've been told, females are hornier during their period and it feels better for them, too. Haha, one time we had sex on her period, and she was moving in with her college roommate, so to avoid getting menses on the ground, we used the only plastic we could find in the dark: bubble wrap. Imagine what her roommate was thinking as she was trying to sleep "why is someone popping bubble wrap in the middle of the night???"

Anyway, I personally love sex during menstruation and I'm sure there are others out there who are the same way. To me, it's just a part of feminine beauty.

Many guys will be willing to do both intercourse and oral sex on you during your time Often it is the woman that doesn't feel comfortable letting a man near her during her period. If your guy is squeamish the only thing I can think of is to try to you use a female condom.

My current guy is on the fence about it, but I've had boyfriends who loved it! One guy told me that a woman feels warmer and tighter during her period.

Most guys just think they won't like it, so they're afraid to try. And I understand to an extent, because it does tend to get messy, and who wants ruined bed sheets? I mean, do you like having him in bed just after he comes back from the gym?

Tips: do it in the shower/bathtub (the flow stops when you're in water) or just after taking a shower. Or have him wear a condom and let him skip the foreplay. This way he doesn't get messy, and you can both just ignore the fact that it's that time of the month.

eww no way. whenever i am on my period, i feel disgusting and not the least bit sexy. why would you want to do it? compromise: at least wait a couple days into your period when it isn't so bad or have oral sex or other stuff until your period is over. it will be probably worth the wait.

uhm...when i was younger (about 14) i really wanted to have sex w my girl without a condom,since i was too afraid of getting her pregnant at the time i always wore one.but then sumone told me that u could have unprotected sex the very last day in a girls period and not get her pregnant cuz of ovulation or sum shyt...so the very last day of my girls period we tryed it...there was hardly any blood now..so i went for it...sex without a condom feels really good!!!...but that was it.never done it again because im afraid i'll catch something ....there was no risk w her cuz we were both virgins.

My boyfriend doesn't have a problem with it. He's more eager about it then I am. Just be sure to throw a towel under you or something.

My husband used to be fine with it. He started talking to his guys friends about whats "normal" and then he stopped wanting to do it at all. Sometimes we'll take it to the shower and then everything stays clean.

When i need it nothing will stop me. If it grosses him/her out try having sex in the bath tub or shower.