What atrocities have the allies committed against Germans?

Throughout history, victors have always written history. There is no way of truly confirming anymore all the details etc. of the war. I just want to know the other side a little bit.

Favorite Answer

Well, you're wrong...there are plenty of documents and testimony to confirm the details of World War II, which is what you're referring to. You could start with a book written by Albert Speer, Hitler's architect and armaments minister, called "Inside the Third Reich". Or read the diaries of Victor Klemperer, beginning with "I Will Bear Witness". Or see if you can find English editions of any of the works of Ernst Klee, a German journalist who has written extensively on the Holocaust, or of Joachim Fest, another German historian. The"other side" has written just as much as the victors. You just have to look for it. Also, it would help if you were fluent in German, but there are English editions of many of these books out there. If you really want to learn more about it, get to the library and ask for guidance.

If you want to get down to it, the greatest atrocity was the war reparations Germany was forced to pay after world war I. They destroyed the german economy and set the stage for Hitler's rise and consequent war and resulting atrocities. By kicking another country when it was down the allies ensured poor world economy and enmity.

• Rubym

I knew a woman who was a child in Germany at the end of the war, according to her French soldiers came into her town and raped women and looted houses, which in a small rural town had not been bombed.The French wanted revenge for Germany controlling much of France for about 4 years.

She said Americans did the same thing where we went in. I don't know. I hope not. We know Americans did a lot of things they should not in Vietnam, I imagine it happens in every war.

There were quite a few. The fire-bombing of Dresden was condemned by people on both sides of the war when it happened. There were also reports of prisoner torture and executions, but that always happens in wartime.

There are reports of Germans being shot with their own weapons when they were caught using dum-dum rounds.

Katyn massacre.

Forced slave labor.

Dresden bombings.

Mass rapes

See:

http://codoh.com/atro/atrocity.html