What is the best shampoo to bath the baby?

And detergent for clothes?

Favorite Answer

I use Weleda Baby Wash & Shampoo. It's all natural. I started using Aveeno but reports of some pretty nasty stuff showing up in the Johnson & Johnson washes (Aveeno is put out by then) had me switch. I like this one much better! They sell it at Babies R Us or on Amazon.

For his clothing we use Dreft.

EDIT: The baby washes tested that they found formaldehyde and/or 1,4-dioxane in are:

-Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash (Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies)

-CVS Kids Body Wash — Blueberry Blast (CVS/Pharmacy)

-Equate Tearless Baby Wash (Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.)

-Gentle Naturals Eczema Baby Wash (Del Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)

-Grins & Giggles Milk & Honey Baby Wash (Gerber Products Company)

-Huggies Naturally Refreshing Cucumber & Green Tea Baby Wash (Kimberly-Clark)

-Johnson's Moisture Care Baby Wash (Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies)

-Johnson's Oatmeal Baby Wash — Vanilla (Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies)

-Mustela Baby Shampoo (Laboratories Expanscience)

-Mustela Dermo-Cleansing Gel for Hair and Body Newborn/Baby (Laboratories Expanscience)

-Night-time Bath Baby Wash (Target Corporation)

My husband is a health & safety manager at a major university hospital and told me to take this very seriously. He said these chemicals enter the body very easily through the skin and there are no safe levels of them.

I use only a natural, mild soap for both my baby's skin and hair, she is exposed to enough chemicals in this world without having me put more on her. Any shampoo that contains sodium laureth sulfate is a danger to your child - commercially sodium laureth sulfate is actually as degreaser in a lot of industry type environments. If you want something specifically designed for babies, don't go with anything made by these big companies such as Johnson & Johnson, their products are the worst for containing especially petrol based chemicals. Do your little one a favor and go chemical free where ever you can, there are a few fairly natural bands available such as Weleda and Jurlique. Your local health food shop will probably stock a good range.

As for a washing detergent, look for something that says Non-biological, its the best for babies as it doesn't irritate their skin.

Best wishes and i hope i have helped! :)

Source(s): Check out this website if you would like more info on sodium laureth sulfate: http://www.natural-health-information-centre.com/s...

Johnson & Johnson's Lavender baby shampoo is great. It has a calming scent and is pH balanced so that it is tear free in case any of it ends up in baby's eyes!

Rug Doctor Industrial Strength Stain and Tar Remover.

• wolsky

i used johnson and johnsons. the multi function wash for the 1st few months, and then while my little ones have been given to the element the place they have been sitting up and splashing interior the super tub, i began out using their bubble tub and infant wah blend. it bubbled up extra effective and that they might play interior the bubbles, which they enjoyed.

the best shampoo is dove but detergent is downy or woolite

Source(s): my cousin is a docter and says those are the best

I love seventh generation

johnsons its the best and their is a special detergent but i forgot he name but Johnson's def for sham.....congrats and goood luck!

johnsens and johnsens